Contacts not syncing properly
hogs18

So something is not working with my gmail. Whenever I add new contacts to my gmail, they sync to my phone properly. But whenever I add new contacts to my phone, they don't sync with gmail. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts not syncing properly
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

stupid question, did you click on the save icon?

0 Likes
hogs18

The contacts have been in my phone for months. I just noticed the other day they aren't syncing to gmail.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning.

Have you tried to sync the contacts in the Settings/ Accounts & Sync application on your device?  Your device may not be set up to automatically sync when you make changes to your contact list.  You can go to your Settings icon > Accounts & Sync > Select Google > Check (any/all options, Books, Contacts, Gmail, Calendar) > Select Sync Now.

If you still need assistance, please send me a Private Message, and I will be happy to help you!

Thank you,

0 Likes
wtkidd1972

I'm pretty sure that when you create a contact on your phone, it's created as a Windows Live contact. If you want the contact to exist in Google Contacts you will have to create a new contact using Google services on a PC.

0 Likes
profeicy
Good morning, it looks like your having issue with syncing contact to Gmail. With the trophy and Gmail the Gmail has to be setup as an exchange server. If u added this as a regular email this only syncs calendars, emails. This is what you can do go to Google.com and in the help window type in how to set Gmail as an exchange server and u will get the hit that you r looking for to fix that problem. PS THIS DOES WORK BECAUSE THE SET UP WORKS PRETTY GOOD ON MY TEST GMAIL EMAIL.

PS...........WINDOWS PHONE 7 RULES.............
0 Likes