Convoy 3 question on Voice Activated Dialing initiation.
bd123

I have been trying to setup my new phone and somehow or other changed some setting to cause a problem. Now when I open the flip phone the VAD immediately asks me to 'Say a Command'. I can't figure out how to turn that feature off? Anyone know the answer to this one?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Convoy 3 question on Voice Activated Dialing initiation.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get this fixed, bd123! If you hold down the "End" key that should stop the command. You may also click on right soft key to close out the Voice Command option. Let us know if this issue persists.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hydo

I have the same problem as bd123.  The solution offered does not turn off the function it only ends it for that one opening.  Close the phone and open it again and the voice command is right back.

0 Likes
Angelinmypocket2

Hello,

I just received and activated this phone. I am having the same issue with the Voice Commands automatically activating EVERY time I open up the phone.  I am not hitting the button at all.  Is this a known issue?  There are no settings to turn this off.  Help please!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Angelinmypocket2!

You have a great question! How inconvenient for the Voice Commands to activate without you intentionally turning it on!

In fact, I have run in to this issue before. You can go into settings to correct this issue. In your phone go to MENU > Settings & Tools > Sounds Settings > Readout. There is a selection for "Flip Open & Talk". Disable that feature & the problem will be fixed.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Fishitman
Enthusiast - Level 1

No answer from the support works to turn this feature off, this is totally unacceptable. I want to throw this phone against the wall it's so annoying, this Convoy3 phone just sucks and to think they got rid of the Barrage and went to this piece of crap.

dyersap
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just traded for this phone due to issues with a phone I'd had for 3 days and minimal selection. The very first day (within an hour), the voice commands came on and no one at verizon or otherwise has been able to turn it off. It's inconvenient, especially in public!! We've been tempted to throw the phone against the wall also and due to the terrible customer support experience with the whole change over, I'm tempted to close the account completely and go with another carrier. I have 4 phones and 2 aircards. when you pay that much for a cell phone account, you at least expect to be treated fairly and with respect!! We've been back on multiple occassions and to several stores. The problem with the voice command feature still hasn't been resolved. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dyersap
I want you to love your new device. Did this setting help?MENU > Settings & Tools > Sounds Settings > Readout. There is a selection for "Flip Open & Talk". Disable that feature. I never want to lose you!

I look forward to working with you.
JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
snoozinpitt

JoeL_VZW or whoever at Verizon......

This stupid drivel DOES NOT WORK...

I want you to love your new device. Did this setting help?MENU > Settings & Tools > Sounds Settings > Readout. There is a selection for "Flip Open & Talk". Disable that feature. I never want to lose you!

I NEED THIS VOICE COMMAND SHIT TO STOP.

NOW HOW  THE HELL DO I FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes