Customer service issue
keigzdad

Contacted "Customer Service" regarding my son's HTC Windows 8X that quit working.  Was sent a replacement, plugged it in but didn't work.  Contacted "Technical Support" and was convinced to accept the Nokia 928 in black - agreed and received the FedEx package, opened it up to find a HTC Windows 8 not the Nokia 928!!!  Called "Customer Service" and was told that it wasn't "my fault" and "I will make right."  The package arrived overnight and when I opened it there was the Nokia 928 in white, not black as ordered.  Called "Customer Service" and again was told "it wasn't my fault" and you can "trust me that I will get it right for you".  Received a call a few minutes later and told that they would not send me a correct phone because they had not received any of the three mistakes that I had sent back.  When I asked if the "correct phone" would be automatically shipped upon their receipt of any of the one phone, I was told "no" that I would have to call them in "3-5 days" to see if they had received any of the phones that were sent back and then they would be "happy to make sure I get the right phone."

What type of troglodytes does this company hire?  When they told me that they were very concerned about my satisfaction as a customer, I asked them to cancel my contacts so that I could transfer to a cell company that really did care about the customer, like AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, ANYONE ELSE BUT THIS COMPANY.  It really shouldn't be so hard as to pay attention to detail and do the right thing.  Blowing them up on social media and I hope I can convince 10 individuals NOT to sign with Verizon - that would cost then about $10,000 (minimum) this year alone - far greater the the $400 they will make off my canceling my contract.  God, their frigging idiots!

A soon to be ex customer.

Comments adjusted for content as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is everything that Verizon does an abortion?
Not applicable

And hopefully you will not be in "Verizon never received the phones back" "The phone was not in the box" or "the devices you sent back were broken" and the pain goes on. That I would seriously worry about. They will charge you large cash for the so called not returned etc. devices. Hope it does not happen to you.

Personally port your numbers over to another provider. You will have to pay for new phones but if the service and support is better then port out.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I am not sure if you have already sent the phones back or not but when you do I would spring for the few bucks and do your own FedEx Label for the phones and insure them. Verizon has a habit of losing phones in the boxes you send to them under their return label as you cannot track them. This way you pay for the shipping, you insure it, you get the tracking and can initiate investigations when Verizon says they have Not received the phones back or when they say the box is empty. Then you file a claim with Fed Ex and are not out the $400-$500 per phone.

0 Likes
Cruser2008
Contributor - Level 2

For every customer, like you, that complains there are 50 others who are happy with Verizon, your so called Theory of "1,000 lost customers, current or potential, equals a minimum of $1,000,000 revenue per year." won't happen for the simple fact that more people join than the amount of people who leave.

21stNow
Master - Level 1

Cruser2008 wrote:

For every customer, like you, that complains there are 50 others who are happy with Verizon, your so called Theory of "1,000 lost customers, current or potential, equals a minimum of $1,000,000 revenue per year." won't happen for the simple fact that more people join than the amount of people who leave.

To add to this: every major carrier in the US has Facebook rants, Twitter rages and forum blowups on how horrible of a carrier it is.  Unless people are not using phones at all, they will be on "the worst carrier on earth" according to somebody.

0 Likes