Re: Cyan Firmware Update
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

I don't have all the answers, I just know something is up with this update fiasco. It needs to be investigated for the benefit of the users...it doesn't matter if this was an update for Windows, Android, or IOS.

Tidbits
Legend

It goes the OTHER way. Verizon can't say anything against MS. Just look at Motorola and HTC. If it was your way of thinking then these two carriers couldn't be transparent. Yet they are... MS/Nokia can say anything about their product and schedule. HTC even goes as far not hiding their FCC, WiFi, and bluetooth certifications by using code names. Then even tell you what step they are on.

Tidbits
Legend

Manufacturers not carriers. Brain moving faster than my old fingers.

Tidbits
Legend

vzwenduser wrote:

I don't have all the answers, I just know something is up with this update fiasco. It needs to be investigated for the benefit of the users...it doesn't matter if this was an update for Windows, Android, or IOS.

I am all for updates, but the current way of doing things isn't working.  I am pushing for more transparency from Nokia much like how HTC, and Motorola are doing it.  So far this transparency has allowed these two companies to do what Nokia can't do.  The reason why HTC and Motorola went more transparent and owned up was because of their declining sales in Europe.  HTC is for sale due to poor sales and them being in the red.  Motorola was red and was sold to Google, and Google sold them in parts.  Lenovo bought the cellular division. They are trying to change their image and it's working.  Their sales numbers have increased in Europe.

What Europe has done is doing more than what we have been doing in the states.  There's plenty of examples on how Europe has what we want...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ha ha just loved it! But someone has to correct your erroneous postings

poagie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is on board trying to kill wp. Its really that simple. Nokia is quite willing to talk to you when you get the right number. Much lie the moderators here no first level customer support knows anything and are told to actively fight people trying to obtain precise information. Currently Verizon is sucking up to apple. You can see this by getting time tables on apple updates from the dumbest of support techs. Verizon could care less about Microsoft because unlike apple they aren't using shading tactics such as money and future contract blackmail to get what they want. The customer doesn't matter here. Just stacks of fat cash. The realization that windows phone is actually a superior platform then ios is starting to be recognized. This scares apple and they fight dirty. Just compare specs of flagship phones and you can see apple isn't even at the same level anymore. They are pushing two year old spec like they are something to be amazed at and they have paid Verizon to support that. Verizon pushed Lumia black before any other company. Now they are beyond dead last at cyan.

Not applicable

[Quote]

The realization that windows phone is actually a superior platform then ios is starting to be recognized

[/quote]

Sure it is, those large sales are just proving that! Read up Windows Phone lost ground not gained!

But dreaming durning the day is better dreaming at night.

Apple and Androids spend big money on advertising. That is why they sell their devices. Its all in the marketing.

Not applicable

I would also say it's the lack of popular apps. I'm a big Windows 8 supporter for the PC. One of few apparently. However their apps store is lacking. Not a big deal on a PC. A very big deal on a smartphone. I could easily consider a WP is they had all the apps ios and Android have.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Windows Phone just needs official support from major developers.  It's the same with BB.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tidbits wrote:

Windows Phone just needs official support from major developers.  It's the same with BB.

I think Windows 10 will get that support. Since apps are supposed to work across all platforms, and face it Windows dominates PCs, developers would be stupid to ignore Windows.