Devices available to swipe credit cards with Nokia 928?
Spedangie

I know that Square devices do not work on windows phones for use in swiping credit cards.  Are there any recommended similar items than could be used for this purpose?  I'm going to begin selling hand made jewelry at a craft show in a few weeks and it would be handy to have that capability.  If none are yet available I guess my husband will be using his Droid 3!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Devices available to swipe credit cards with Nokia 928?
primortal
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like the Windows option (and I only found the one the primortal linked to) is costly... I'd recommend (for now) sticking with his Droid and Square with a % per transaction and no monthly fee.

I use both PayPal and Square with my Android devices - neither have a monthly fee and either 2.7% or 2.75% per swipe fee.  For the volume of business that I do, it works well.  Disappointing that the only Windows option starts at $25 a month, plus 24 cents, plus a percentage.  Unless you are doing substantial transactions, Square and PayPal make much more sense.

If the Droid is available for you, use that until Windows gets on board with Square.  Smiley Happy  Just my recommendation....

0 Likes
Spedangie

Thanks--that's pretty much what I thought.  So sorry to my husband--if he wanted a Windows phone it's a no go!  I do want a credit card 'swiper' that does NOT have a monthly cost.

0 Likes