Do any Samsung WP owners have their battery drain to dead while powered off?
J_Stuart
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've noticed my ATIV SE battery drains completely dead while powered off in just a couple days.  It has a nearly full charge when powered off and then when I go to power it on, it's dead.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Do any Samsung WP owners have their battery drain to dead while powered off?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi J_Stuart!

I want your battery to last as long as possible. I'd like to ask a couple of questions. When did this begin? Is it something new or an ongoing issue? How long have you had the device? Just to clarify, your device is powered off for the full two days?

Please let me know so we can work together on a fix for you, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Do any Samsung WP owners have their battery drain to dead while powered off?
J_Stuart
Enthusiast - Level 1

It started in September which was about 2 months after purchasing the phone.  It's a recurring issue.  Yes, in my example, the phone is completely powered off for the full two days.  More specifically, the trend is I turn my phone off for about 10 hours and when I turn it back on it's lost about 12-14% battery charge.  Since posting my question, I've sent it back to Samsung Support for repair (on the second go-around now).  They replace the battery (supposedly) the first time.  The issue was worse after that.  The battery would lose about 21% charge in just 12 hours of being powered off.  The current Samsung repair log states they've replaced the PBA, updated software, and further repair is pending a hardware part (unknown) replacement.

0 Likes
Cyberpunk_Eevee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it kept in a warm or cool environment? local relative temperature can alter a battery's drain rate while the device is off.

0 Likes