Re: Does anyone have a Windows Phone 8 that works?
dondondon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a windows8 phone that works great right out of the box. The kicker is it is a Nokia  Lumia   521_6098 with Metropcs service for $55 a month with a wireless connection included that will connect your Windows 7 or 8 computer.  It includes 2.5 Gig of data., and the overages that come in $5 per 1/2 gig or $10 per gig .  I have had this phone for 3 months and am dropping Verizon as I have great service with Metro. You can use Bluetooth to transfer ALL of your phone numbers.

Don

Dianne1960

I have the same problem with the 8!!!! Despise this phone and apparently I'm stuck with it for two years 😕  have been with verizon since 93 and they will not help me

0 Likes
dondondon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dianne1960,I suggest that you move the phone to metro if ,if for sure you can find out if it is not locked to Verizon. If you have to pay to get rid of Verizon it is worth the money to get rid of the frustration of their service.  After I posted my remarks I found that you can get one of Metro compatable (nokia lumia 521) phones for around $70. I paid $98 outright to Metro and just wrote off the cost to get away from the bad service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is for you to feel stuck for 2 years, Dianne1960. What troubleshooting have we done with you so far? Has it ever been replaced?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AES2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started this thread, and I certainly am another one who is stuck for two years with worthless products.  Read my history of my first five of five phones - three 8Xs and two 928s - earlier in this thread.  Number five croaked last night.  The screen is totally non-responsive.  The first time that happened, as I wrote above, clueless support people had no idea what to do, and I had to wait for a store to open at 10:00 to learn the volume+power button trick.  I tried that maybe ten times last night to no avail.  Again I have to wait till 10:00 for a store to open to get a loaner while I wait for phone number six.

0 Likes