Does anyone use the Verizon apps that are delaying Cyan?
fat_elvis
Enthusiast - Level 2

It states in this article that the reason for the delay of 8.1 and Cyan is that the Verizon apps are not working well. Does anyone use these apps because I never have.

Verizon Lumia Cyan update reverts to 'Under Development' as delay continues | Windows Central

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does anyone use the Verizon apps that are delaying Cyan?
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

Been on preview for months with my 822. No issues.

View solution in original post

bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Just voice mail, but I don't think that's truly an app so much as a service.  As long as you can make calls, you can use VM.  Verizon are being idiots.  Sending their support messages constantly.  If I had the skills, I'd spam them with comments about how stupid this is.

grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

The apps are junk and this is the final proof that this hold up has been on Verizon all along. This is about them being to damn lazy or incompetent to get their bloatware to work with the update.

Here's a newsflash for them: It's their responsibility to fix their apps, not on Microsoft to hack perfectly good code to workaround Verizon's bugs on apps that no sane individual would want.

corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

One of the reasons we use Windows phones is to cleanly take advantage of Microsoft's online services including Office and OneDrive. We don't need most of Verizon's apps.

Why are they trying to offer more than great a phone line and a fast pipeline to the Internet? Isn't that all we want? Well, lower prices are great, too...

It seems really selfish of Verizon to hold back a software update just to wait for their software. The Windows phone has an amazing software update process that we all use to update our apps.

fat_elvis
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have been trying to be patient but the little lost by the Verizon apps being less than 100% is far outweighed by the missed functionality by not upgrading to 8.1. I have tried to be patient and i really thought that this would be done by Nov at the latest but I think I am going to go through the developer preview and get 8.1 from there without cyan. I really didn't want to do this because of potential issues but this is ridiculous.  anyone else considering the developer preview?

pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

Been on preview for months with my 822. No issues.

fat_elvis
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for letting us know your experience with preview

vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

There should be no issues that will brick your phone. There are some issues that can be annoying. I can't say much for Verizon apps as I only use My Verizon and it appears to work for me when checking data, it is just slow to load. As a matter of fact a lot of things are slightly slower to load with the dev preview. The camera takes a second. The lock screen to come on takes a second. "Nothing" seems to be in the blink of an eye or less. So I think this is attributed to not having the cyan firmware though. I'm using the faster ICON too.

0 Likes
ryanthecryinglion

It's to the point now that I don't even care anymore. When it's time, I'll either be upgrading to the HTC M8 for Windows, or leaving for Android (possibly leaving Verizon too).  My son has a Lumia 521, and it has Cyan right now (T-Mobile).  I tried it, and it's ok (of course, it's not my phone so I don't have the time to examine it thoroughly). By the time Verizon releases it, nobody will care anymore.

0 Likes
fat_elvis
Enthusiast - Level 2

i like the M8 alright but i dont like the lack of physical buttons. i saw the specs for the 940 that will come out the 2nd 1/2 of next year but i dont know if i can wait that long. the specs are what i am looking for especially since i would like my next phone to have a good camera and i heard that the camera on the M8 is not so good.

http://wmpoweruser.com/rumour-alleged-specs-of-nokia-lumia-940-leak-from-chinese-factory/

0 Likes