Does the Lumia Icon do AWS 1700 on the GSM band outside of the US?
magmaros

I'm going to be down in the US from Canada in the next couple of weeks and was interested in picking up a Lumia Icon from a verizon store outright. I'm interested to know if the Lumia Icon can do the AWS 1700 frequency that Telus uses in Canada? Also, I'm fairly sure that from what I've read, the GSM portion of the Icon is already unlocked and can be used on any carrier, is this correct?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does the Lumia Icon do AWS 1700 on the GSM band outside of the US?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the specifications? Nokia Lumia Icon - Specifications - Nokia - USA

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked the specifications? Nokia Lumia Icon - Specifications - Nokia - USA

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
magmaros

Yep, It's band 4, just like Telus, I'm just double checking to make sure before I pick one up. Verizon only uses CDMA for their voice calls these days correct?

If possible, would someone be able to go to the telus website and chuck their Icon's IMEI number into the checker to see what it says?

Check Device Compatibility |  Phones & Devices |  Support |  TELUS Mobility

0 Likes