Dropped calls
elej

I am still within my 15 days trial. I have been having dropped calls like crazy about 7 minutes into the call; once it happens it occurs with more frequency. Anyone else?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls
Not applicable

I can certainly understand how dropping calls can be frustrating.  Can you please PM your mobile number and I can review the account to see what options I have to resolve this for you?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Kaoticfen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with the dropped calls. When calling the bar shows 1 bar then jumps around to two or 3 bars then about a minute into the call it drops the call. Weirdest thing i've seen on a phone. Anyways, maybe i have a defective phone?

TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Kaoticfen,

I can definitely understand the need to stay connected.  I have a few questions that will help me narrow down the common denominator to assist.  Do you only experience this in a specific environment or does this happen in different places as well?  If you had a VZW device prior to this one, did you experience this with that device as well?  Do you know of any other VZW customers around you that are experiencing the same thing or that are successful?  Do you ever have signal opportunities while not on a call (example: connecting to Internet)?  Please advise me of the above information so I may have a better idea of what to address for your success.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls HTC Trophy
drbercu

I've had my HTC Trophy for about a week and have more dropped calls in a week than with my last 3 phones in the past 5 years.... is there a setting or something to improve this?  I have noticed the same thing mentioned by another .... 3-4 bars and all of a sudden 1 bar or no bars... then 3 or 4 bars again.  It doesn't sound to me like I got a bad phone, but rather that this phone has issues with this.  Please let me know if there is an update, fix or something.  I really like the phone otherwise but I am unsure if I will be able to keep it due to this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls HTC Trophy
Not applicable

Drbercu, thanks for sharing your concerns with this device. I am not showing this issue with losing service when making calls as a known issue with this device. I tried on a test phone. I had full signal before and after several calls. If you did not have this issue with your previous phone, it may be the particular Trophy you have. If you are near a VZW corporate store, I would suggest going to the store and trying to make calls on the test phone there. If that one is working for you, you can exchange thru the 14 day worry free guarantee. 

0 Likes