Editing Voicemail Number on HTC Windows 8X
Charlie01H

How do I edit the voicemail number on my HTC Windows 8X?  I edit the number to read *86,,9999# and I receive an error message that this number is not able to be entered.  I've notice community posts where the Nokia Windows 8 phones are having the same problem so it's not likely an HTC problem.  Please advise

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Editing Voicemail Number on HTC Windows 8X
Yrral3215

Im haveing the same issue. My 8X says there is an error saveing the new number and to try again later. This is frustrating.

0 Likes
Yrral3215

I talked to Verizon customer service and got no where. The person acted like they had no idea what I wanted to do was even possible on any phone. Then I went to the local Verizon store at Costco and the sales person, Stephen, was very helpful but he could not get it to work either.

I have been searching all over the place and found one indication that "pause dialing" may not be possible on this phone. Ive also e-0mailed HTC support and asked them. Wii post when/if I get an answer.

0 Likes
Yrral3215

I heard back from HTC tech support. Their tech was very helpful.

After some further research, it seems that changing the voicemail number in this manner is not supported by the device. If you are able to set up a contact with your voicemail number and this works correctly, I would suggest using this for the time being.

However, I would like to gather some information about your device and some contact information in case someone would like to contact you about this issue. Please provide the following:

I sent them more information. Hopefully they will get this fixed.

The best "work around" I have found so far is to create a new contact labeled 'Voicemail' and insert the correct number with the pauses, password, etc for your account. Then PIN that contact to your home Screen and use it to check your voicemail.

It still requires more key presses and looking at the screen more times, so its not as good as having the native voicemail work the way it should, but its better than nothing.

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Just to check. You:

• Opened the phone hub.
  • Pulled up the "3 Dots" to expand the menu
  • Pressed Settings
  • Turned off the default voice mail number toggle
  • Entered in the new number?

Have you tried making the voice mail number your actual phone number? Like you are calling yourself. Then add the pauses and such. This might work because the *86 number has never been editable on any of my phones before now so maybe it still isn't...it just looks like it is.

0 Likes
cwgrizz

drichter wrote:

Just to check. You:

• Opened the phone hub.
  • Pulled up the "3 Dots" to expand the menu
  • Pressed Settings
  • Turned off the default voice mail number toggle
  • Entered in the new number?

Have you tried making the voice mail number your actual phone number? Like you are calling yourself. Then add the pauses and such. This might work because the *86 number has never been editable on any of my phones before now so maybe it still isn't...it just looks like it is.

I just got a Nokia 822 and have been trying to do all of the above to solve the problem. 

*86,,9999 does not work.

Putting in the phone number ie 202 555 1212 ,, 9999  does not work.  This dials the number but does not generate the password when requested.

My work around has been what was mentioned in one of the previous posts.

Set up a new contact "Voice Mail"

Put in the phone number with the pause, etc  ie  202 555 1212 ,, 9999  (spaces were inserted just for clarification, but not really used)

Stick the contact "Voice Mail" on the start-up page

This works, but I wish the original voicemail could be modified in the same way.

Might be a verizon or windows glitch as it appears to be the same with the Nokia as with the HTC. 

0 Likes