Error changing default voicemail number
MobileNoobie

When I try to change the default VM number on the Lumia 928 I get an error "We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later."

I have been trying for a couple of days now after having another 928 user ask me about it as they were having the same issue.  Anyone aware of this or a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Error changing default voicemail number
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I haven't been able to change mine either, but I thought it was just because it isn't activated yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi MobileNoobie,

Thanks for reaching out! Let's help you with the voicemail phone number. Why are you trying to change it from the default? What are you trying to change it to? Another number? Please give us some additional info so we can get this fixed for you.

Bobby_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi -

We recently added the Lumia 928 to our family plan, and since that number uses You Mail for voice mail, we, too, needed to change the number we use to access voicemail.

I went into settings >> applications >> phone >> turned the default # OFF, and entered the retrieval # for You Mail.  I didn't have to change the forwarding since the phone number didn't change that was getting the voicemail - but you can also reset that on the  new phone if you want. #71 then the # You mail gives you for forwarding the call.

I entered the number with no spaces, punctuation or anything, just the 10 digits that You  Mail gave me as the retrieval number.

0 Likes
MobileNoobie

I am trying to add the pin # to the speed dial number so it doesn't need to be entered every time. such as "*86, 1234, #"

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

*86pp1234 should be all you need. No commas or other punctuation.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

This is also what I am trying, unfortunately I don't see any way to add the pp or ,, from the T9 dialer.  Also, the # is needed to finish entering the number (VM system requirement).

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only way I could accomplish getting this to work is to type the number into One Note, then COPY it to the clipboard (double tap on the number to select it and and then tap the clipboard icon).  Then create a new contact called Voicemail, and paste the *86,,1234# into the phone number field.

You can then "pin" this to your start screen as a shortcut - it takes two taps to dial but DOES put in your PIN and you DO get your voicemail.

And thanks for the reminder about the ending "#"   - I've used You Mail for so long I forgot that!  With the method I just laid out, you can have both You Mail and Verizon's voicemail BOTH, and just remove the no answer/busy forwarding to activate Verizon's voicemail rather than You Mail.  With my method, you will use the live tile to access your Verizon voicemail, rather than the Voicemail icon.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Maybe I'll just go back to entering my PIN when I check my voicemail, lol.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear SuzyQ,

Good morning. Being able to access your voicemail without having to enter your password each time is very convenient. I appreciate you providing suggestions in adding a pause to voicemail. I would like to also provide a suggestion to the community on how you may add a pause for voicemail access.

On a Nokia Lumia 928 tap on the phone icon>tap menu>settings>swipe use default voicemail number on>enter your 10 digit mobile number. After the mobile number enter a comma (,)your voicemail password then another comma (,) Then test. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us. We would be more than happy to assist. Have a great day!

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes