Experiencing the same issues others are having having with HTC 8x with phone shutting off, text message sending errors and sim card error. What is the solution ?
JPM8

The phone was working quiet well until the last 3-4 months at which point these issues happen regularly.  After the latest sofware update (this week) the phone now turns the speaker on with phone calls even tho the speaker is turned off.

Getting very discouraged and need some help please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Experiencing the same issues others are having having with HTC 8x with phone shutting off, text message sending errors and sim card error.  What is the solution ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JPM8

We definitely want to get your phone up and running at 100%! Let's try a few things together. First, which software version are you running on your 8X? http://vz.to/1oQA5Xx What happens when you try to send a text message? Any error code or message? Does the SIM error have a message or code as well?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Experiencing the same issues others are having having with HTC 8x with phone shutting off, text message sending errors and sim card error. What is the solution ?
JPM8

The SIMM error doesn’t provide an error code. I have taken the SIMM card out and reseated but still get the error.

The text error doesn’t provide an error code but just states “Can’t send message. Please try again”. Usually the only work around is to delete the thread and reboot the phone.

The software version:

OS version 8.0.10501.127

Firmware: 3030.0.42201.605

Radio software version: 2.000.50.0528_3

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Experiencing the same issues others are having having with HTC 8x with phone shutting off, text message sending errors and sim card error.  What is the solution ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JPM8,

Thanks for sharing that info! Everything is definitely up to date. We may need to explore into options to get you a working phone. I've requested to follow you. Please approve, follow me back, and then send a Direct Message using these steps http://vz.to/1cOOY6O

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Experiencing the same issues others are having having with HTC 8x with phone shutting off, text message sending errors and sim card error. What is the solution ?
swissmiss22

I'm getting the same issues lately too. I double-checked my software version to JPM8's and my numbers are all the same. Can you help me also?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Of course we can, swissmiss22. We're here to help all our customers! I have sent you a follow request here in the forum as well. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/jenniferh_vzw back so you can send me a private message https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613 so we can get started.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Savoren4

I am have been having the exact same issues for months. The phone has been rebooting, my calls have been getting cut off, and the phone keeps saying that there is a SIM card error or that the SIM card is missing and I have no service. This is becoming an all day everyday problem. I am also having issues with not being able to send text messages. I keep getting the “Can’t send message.  Please try again” message. Then I find out sometimes that the person I am texting is getting the same text message each time I try again. This is very annoying and I am ready to either switch phones or go to another carrier.

0 Likes
TheBlueberry

I was having the same issues with my 8X phone for months, After a lot of googling and trying numerous fix's, I had the SIM Card changed out and did a soft reset and all was good for about a month. I have since changed the SIM card 3 times. There is a suggestion on the net to place 3 pieces of scotch tape on the back of the SIM card, trim it up and reinsert it back into the SIM slot.  I'm going for a new SIM card tomorrow and will use the tape.

0 Likes
ajasmith

My husband and i have been have these same issues with our phones.  Windows Phone 8X is by far the worst phone i have ever had, i can't believe we are stuck with them for 2 years!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajasmith Having a phone you can rely on is a must. We're sorry to hear you and your hsband have not had a good experience with your Windows 8x devices. We see you mentioned having the same issues as the memeber above but please elaborate on your exact problem. This way we can better assist and find a solution that works for you.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes