Factory Reset doesn't work on Spinning Gears lumia 928
cre222

Hello,

Last night i was struck with the Spinning Gears on my Nokia Lumia 928.  I researched it a bit to see what i could do to fix it, sadly it didn't help much. most people said to Factory Reset the phone (Up volume, down volume, power, down volume.)  But it does absolutely nothing at all. I get no ! when i reset the phone. All it does is show the word Nokia then spinning gears. People also said just reset it a few times and it will work, from wen i started counting i reset it over 30 times and let the gears spin for 8 hours. The phone doesn't charge ether but it will stay on if it is plugged in. Im out of ideas on how to fix this phone, and i rather not wait a few days for them to send me a new one IF they even do send me one.

If anyone has any ideas for me peoples let me know. Even if the idea is, you cant do anything bring it to the store thats fine i just wanna know if theres anything i can do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Factory Reset doesn't work on Spinning Gears lumia 928
nettles9

Misery loves company. Mine is doing the same exact thing. I initiated the reset following jittery performance,and a non- functioning touch screen after the Amber update. Spinning gears for 4.5 hours and one recharge now. I plan on taking it to a store tomorrow. This is my second 928, and don't plan on waitinfor delivery again. I'm growing disappointed in a device that has a lot of good qualities.  I'll let you know how I make out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nettles9,

A spinning device is no good! I know its important to have a working device. If your device is not able to complete the master reset and boot back to a normal screen, then the device would need to be replaced under the warranty for same make/model. Save the trip, we can help here. Accept my follow,  then send a Direct Message with your mobile number , and we will contact you to review your options.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
nettles9

Thanks for that, but it fixed itself. After the second recharge I allowed it to just die, even though it showed a critically low battery. That took a couple hours. When I hooked it up for  a third time it booted normally. Parts of the Amber update were there, the rest downloaded with numerous app updates. It's been smooth sailing since. Thanks again for the reply!

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome nettles. I'm glad everything was resolved.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
morganc14

I am stuck here.  I have had the Lumia 928 for about 2.5-3 months now.  I have decided to go back to Android, but want to give the phone to my son.  I went to do a Factory Reset and have been stuck on Gears for 2 days.  I have let the battery drain, removed the SIM, and did the following from the Nokia Support Site 5-6 times.  No luck, can you help?

Step 1

1. Press and hold power and volume down key.
  2. Phone vibrates (release the keys)
  3. Right after this press and hold the volume down key down
  4. Exclamation mark is shown on the screen (release the volume down key)

Step 2Then input the keys in the following order:

1. Volume up
  2. Volume down
  3. Power
  4. Volume down

Step 3

The phone will reset and boot up automatically. Please note that this may take several minutes.

Chuck

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
karalynn28

This still did not work for me.. I did it about 5 times.. Frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi karalynn28,

Let's get your phone back to normal! Please try the following troubleshooting steps as other customer report success resolving this issue:
1- Hold the power and volume down keys for ten seconds to reboot the phone.
2- If it returns to the spinning gears then press Volume up then Volume down then Power then Volume down again. It may take a few seconds, but your phone should now proceed past the gears and boot up as normal.
3- If that doesn’t work then let the battery run down completely. Then remove the SIM card. Plug the phone into your wall charger and insert SIM and power on when battery is fully charged.

If it still won’t boot up normally then we may need to consider replacing the device. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
jsdaven

We did a factory reset on out Nokia Lumia 928 and all I am getting is spinning gears.

0 Likes