For those who own the HTC Trophy(questions)
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

Hello. Im a current KIN owner and Im looking to finally upgrade toa "real" windows phone. Had a few questions for those who own this phone:

1.Does the phone leave a signature when posting to facebook or anything else? Or is it going to be generic like "posted from mobile web". And can you customize it?

2.How does the virtual keyboard work? And is it a decent size? Ive never used a virtual keyboard so just curious on what you guys/gals think of it.

3. Ive read some conflicting information about the storage capabilities, what does it really have?

4.How is the camera app? Does it take fairly decent pics? Ive seen you tube videos regarding the hd 720p video recordings, which I think look great, so just curious about the pics.

5.SO how do you like it? I LOVE my kin alot so Im going to enjoy the similar, yet better, UI, but I want a true smartphone so I can use it for office applications and netflix streaming. The KIN cant even sync to my corporate email, which makes it useless in my career.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: For those who own the HTC Trophy(questions)
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Daveman80 wrote:

Hello. Im a current KIN owner and Im looking to finally upgrade toa "real" windows phone. Had a few questions for those who own this phone:

1.Does the phone leave a signature when posting to facebook or anything else? Or is it going to be generic like "posted from mobile web". And can you customize it?

2.How does the virtual keyboard work? And is it a decent size? Ive never used a virtual keyboard so just curious on what you guys/gals think of it.

3. Ive read some conflicting information about the storage capabilities, what does it really have?

4.How is the camera app? Does it take fairly decent pics? Ive seen you tube videos regarding the hd 720p video recordings, which I think look great, so just curious about the pics.

5.SO how do you like it? I LOVE my kin alot so Im going to enjoy the similar, yet better, UI, but I want a true smartphone so I can use it for office applications and netflix streaming. The KIN cant even sync to my corporate email, which makes it useless in my career.

1. Whether you use the phone integration or the Facebook app, it says facebook for Windows Phone (if I rememeber right)

2. keyboard is great.  It is designed with prediction.  It basically predicts what the next keys are that are likely to be pressed, and without increasing what it looks like on the screen, it increases the target area of the likely keys.  Also, it has very good auto-correction.  I can type on it faster than with my Touch Pro 2, with full landscape slide-out keyboard.  Just type, and don't go back to correct.  Read what you've typed afterward, and you will be amazed.

3. 16 GB

4. The pics are on par with most phones in the class.  I have not compared side by side with any other current models, but it blasts my TP2 away.  The best would be the Samsung Focus (for now), though that's not available on Verizon.

5. I love it.  and if you are syncing with Exchange, this is the phone for you (you didn't specify what corporate mail system)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Daveman80 wrote:

1. Whether you use the phone integration or the Facebook app, it says facebook for Windows Phone (if I rememeber right)

2. keyboard is great.  It is designed with prediction.  It basically predicts what the next keys are that are likely to be pressed, and without increasing what it looks like on the screen, it increases the target area of the likely keys.  Also, it has very good auto-correction.  I can type on it faster than with my Touch Pro 2, with full landscape slide-out keyboard.  Just type, and don't go back to correct.  Read what you've typed afterward, and you will be amazed.

3. 16 GB

4. The pics are on par with most phones in the class.  I have not compared side by side with any other current models, but it blasts my TP2 away.  The best would be the Samsung Focus (for now), though that's not available on Verizon.

5. I love it.  and if you are syncing with Exchange, this is the phone for you (you didn't specify what corporate mail system)

0 Likes
mooreshelby
Enthusiast - Level 3

1. By default yes it says "Sent from my Windows Phone" for email, but you can turn this off or set to a custom signature.

2. The Virtual Keyboard is the best one out there, MS has done a ton of research and it is amazing how well it work. Just type, don't think about what you are typing and let the keyboard do the work. 

3. Mine lists a total storage of: 14.63 with 13.84GB available (I have added a few songs and pics)

4.  Camera app is good, takes alright photos for a phone, nothing to write home about. The most annoying thing is you can't save your settings. Their are several camera app improvements coming with the "mango" release. 

5. I just got my HTC Trophy today, but I love it. I have the HTC HD7 and the Samsung Focus. I like the Trophy better than the HD7 because the smaller size is a bit better to handle, but I really really really love the screen of the Samsung Focus. Then again I love being able to actually make a call and actually get internet so the Trophy wins.

-Shelby

0 Likes
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you both so much!!!  This seems like the perfect phone for me, and if Verizon lets me upgrade early, Ill have it in my hands very soon! If not, August it is! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

There has been limited success reported with people calling up and saying that they want this phone at the discounted price, or they are going to go look at ATT.  This didn't work for me, but it has worked for some.  Can't hurt to try, especially if your contract is up in August (My wife's isn't until Jan).

0 Likes
Daveman80
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you Hop. I personally made sure to include that my current phone is having issues, so perhaps that might help. If not, hell, AUgust is only 2 months away. I MIGHT be able to wait that long....but thats a BIG MIGHT! LOL Been doing lots of readsing on the phone and it just makes me want it that much more!!!

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Something else to consider.  Amazon Wireless will sell you a phone for $99, and you pay early termination fee for what's left on your contract.  You'll have to look up what your ETF is.  I'm going to do this for my wife, as the total will cost me $280 to get her into a Trophy, and I'm able to do this because I just learned that I'm getting ANOTHER free Samsung Focus from Microsoft (I'd entered my app in two separate Microsoft giveaways, and got a free phone out of both deals)!  One is already sold to a friend (after she talks to her husband about it), and the other will go on ebay if another friend doesn't want it.  Right now the first one is loaned out to an iPhone friend from church, so I can get an honest opinion of it from an iPhone user who is NOT an iSheep.

0 Likes