Re: Frustrated - I regret ever buying this phone
rhelfst

If you'd like to see the details you're asking for, most of them are in the rest of the thread you've neglected to read.

Let me restate:

Windows HTC 8x. I can send SMS, and MMS goes through intermittently. Apparently not linked to any geographical region or wi-fi issue. However, I cannot receive MMS from anyone, iPhone, android, or other. I have had 4 iterations of this phone: my original, a refurb that wouldn't start up, a previous one that displayed these same issues, and now this one with a new Verizon provided SIM card. This is obviously not a User error, but is intead due to hardware being issued that is faulty.

I'm fed up with this and just want out of this phone and Windows phone in general. An early upgrade or some sign of good faith for a long time customer could help make this right. This whole situation has been a nightmare every step of the way, up to and including having 4 different VZW support members respond to this thread, including one now who did nothing to avail himself of the situation before diving in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Yrral3215,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the 8X as well. Are you experiencing the same issues with the text messaging application? Are you having issues both sending and receiving?

What is the sim card error that your wife is receiving?

I don't mean to ask similar questions I just want to make sure that we address your specific issues. Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rhelfst

The more I read this "support" response the more frustrated I am. All the information had already been shared and it's posted in an HTC 8X specific forum. This has to be a joke.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Rhelfst,

I can appreciate your concern here and I do appreciate you providing this summary.

To find the MMS Settings mentioned earlier, can you please head into Settings > Cellular > Add MMS APN. Does it allow you to enter this area? If so, are you able to enter http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms in the MSC field and vzwinternet in the MMS APN field?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Yrral3215

Under  "Settings/Cellular" there is no "add MMS APN" on my HTC 8X.

There is an "Add Internet APN" but that is different and requires username, password, proxy server and proxy port.

Doesnt sound like this would do anything for MMS issues.

0 Likes
kclaar

I couldn't agree more about the phone: nothing but problems anymore. I have had the problem with the SIM card, it was stuck in a boot-loop, it kept randomly shutting off, and now when I go to reply to a text, 85% of the time it freezes temporarily and then boots me to the start screen without ever showing I even typed a message. I loved Windows 8 from the beginning (I worked in IT), but this Windows Phone 8 device has been nothing but a nightmare

0 Likes
radmanvr

Hello,

I don't know if its already been mention or you have found a solution but my wife and I use to get the same sim errors that would stop MMS from happening as well as dropped calls and random power cycles.

The sim try is the culprit. There are 2 solutions to this.

Long Solution: Contact HTC and have them send you a new sim try for the HTC 8x. Make sure its sim try 2.0

Short Solution: Using scotch type tape place 1-2 layers on the back of the sim card. The back is the side without the metal piece. Depending on how loose it is some have even used 5 layers. Make sure it is flushed and trimmed around the edges. You want no slack. Then, place the sim back into the sim try and it should fix the issue of sim errors and sim related errors.

I opted for the short solution and since then I have not have any issues sim related. Although I still get SMS not being sent but thats due to GDR2.

0 Likes