Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Future Windows Phones for Verizon?
MadDogFL62
Novice

Evidently, we aren't the only customers complaining.  The Microsoft Tribe on The Verge has some familiar comments...

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/27/2751938/future-windows-phones-for-verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Future Windows Phones for Verizon?
LE2Strat

Yes, there are complaints all over mobile news websites, Twitter, Facebook, etc.  But Verizon isn't listening, or they haven't acknowledged they are.  I for one think Verizon Wirelss needs to be speak openly about what their plans are for future Windows Phones, and they need to do so sometime this month.  Once ATT gets the Nokia 900, they are just going to lose customers if they remain quiet.  They may not lose tens of thousands, but if they lose even 500, thats 500 x $1500 average bill = 750,000, and it could be more if people move their entire family plan over like I am going to do.  A million dollars is even a lot for Verizon to lose at this point, especially after they announced they are losing money with the iPhone even though it has grown their subscriber base.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Novice

I have been with Verizon for a long time.  Even when their BlackBerry phones were popular, Verizon treated all of their customers like mushrooms (in the dark - feed them poop).  That's unfortunate.  What's even more unfortunate is that Verizon continues to offer poor communication(s) to their subscribers - and that has gotten worse with the example you cite; the addition of the iPhone population.  NOT ONLY is Verizon losing money here, but iPhone customers are clogging their 3G networks (so much for the 4S being the 4G LTE iPhone).  They are also clogging Verizon customer service lines with iPhone nubies who are trying to operate their new smartphones for the first time.  All growing pains for Verizon that muddy the waters for all of us.

Quality phones like the Nokia, HTC and Samsung WP7 devices are what is needed here.  Dependability.  An easy to use OS like WP Mango is also needed to help reduce Customer Service backlogs.  The WP7 devices offer both hardware and software quality.  They also offer a bright future in terms of easy to use Windows 8 tablets - just in time for the 2012 Holidays.  Verizon needs better revenues from a phone then they are getting from the iPhone.  They also need a few options in terms of replacing the BlackBerry and RIM Playbook.

0 Likes
LE2Strat

I am with you on this. I originally didn't pick Verizon. I was with Alltel. I have no loyalty to Verizon, and even though I have unlimited data, its not as important to me as most would think it is. My max use has been around 1.5 GB a month (and I blame part of it on my data hungry Android phone right now). I could easily leave under a 2GB cap, and now ATT is offering 3GB for $30. That's double what I need. With my Touch Pro before I switched to my Android phone, I was under 1GB a month.

We need quality phones yes, but ATT seems to get first crack at these as far as WP7 is concerned. And while the Trophy is a decent phone, it was already 6 months old by the time Verizon got it, and it was nowhere near as good of a phone as the Samsung Focus was (which was the best Gen 1 WP7 phone). I just now came due for an upgrade, and signing a 2 year contract on a Trophy is just now what I have in mind for a smartphone I have to use for the next 2 years.

I am going to keep putting my thoughts out there on mobile news websites, Twitter, here, etc until March. If no news comes out from Verizon in regards to getting something high end WP7 wise, I am gone.

Even if they were somehow to get the Nokia 710 that is rumored to land in April on Verizon, I still won't stay. Once again, that is a phone that would have been out already for a few months, it's not LTE, and it's not meant for somebody who is already experienced in smart phones.

I really wish Microsoft’s OEM partners would stop treating CDMA customers as 2nd class citizens and every time we get a phone, it's just a GSM phone that was released months earlier with a CDMA radio in it. I think Verizon, and as well as Sprints, large CDMA customer base deserves something unique and high end that will make the GSM customers jealous for once, cause right now, all the WP7 jealousy lies solely with CDMA customers right now.

It's going to hurt my wallet to make the switch to ATT cause my wifes family plan line will have an ETF due on it, but in the end, I will be much happier to have the phone I want, and my wife could care less as long as she can call and text.  In my area, both Verizon and ATT have good coverage, so I see no reason I wouldn't be happy making the switch.

0 Likes
primortal

Interesting article on CNN Money, The iPhone is a nightmare for carriers.

The iPhone may be great for consumers, but takes a nasty toll on wireless carriers' bottom line.

The price of Apple's iconic smartphone is heavily discounted by carriers. Those subsidies almost single-handedly devastate profit margins for Verizon, AT&T and Sprint.

Might benefit VZW even more to carry more WP devices Smiley Happy

0 Likes