Get HTC one M8 windows to use something other than verizon nav for voice navigation by default?
xonnia
Enthusiast - Level 3

So i got the new HTC one M8 and i love it (minus lack of apps but i hope that changes)....  but one very annoying thing is that cortana is linked to use verizon navigation for voice nav (maps will work with no voice...)  I installed google maps and that works fine with its on voice commands but you can't set cortana to use that by default.. only verizon nav or maps (with out voice)  Has anyone found away around that??   Can't believe verizon is still charging 5.00 a month for their voice nav system when so many free ones are out there. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Get HTC one M8 windows to use something other than verizon nav for voice navigation by default?
rollingdonut
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can download the Here+ suite of apps from the Windows Store (Here Drive+, Here Maps, Here Transit.) Those will integrate with Cortana for voice guided navigation when prompted. Here Drive+ is free and works well for the most part (I haven't had huge issues here in Vegas.)

Google Maps does not have an official client on Windows Phone, but there are some decent third-party alternatives like GMaps+ that work well enough.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Get HTC one M8 windows to use something other than verizon nav for voice navigation by default?
rollingdonut
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can download the Here+ suite of apps from the Windows Store (Here Drive+, Here Maps, Here Transit.) Those will integrate with Cortana for voice guided navigation when prompted. Here Drive+ is free and works well for the most part (I haven't had huge issues here in Vegas.)

Google Maps does not have an official client on Windows Phone, but there are some decent third-party alternatives like GMaps+ that work well enough.

0 Likes
xonnia
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks, got the app you suggested and so far so good Smiley Happy

0 Likes