Getting Trophy Tomorrow and new notebook in a month.
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1
Getting trophy and a new notebook
Hi sorry for all the questions. I was wondering I'm getting the Trophy Wed and in a month or so I will be getting a new notebook. My question is is it easy to transfer all my apps and music as well as zune from my old notebook to the new notebook.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting Trophy Tomorrow and new notebook in a month.
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I personally have not done this, as I have a server at home where all my content is stored, and I just sync the laptops with it, but I think since XP (perhaps earlier, but I don't remember), Windows has had the File and Settings Transfer Wizard (though I think it's called something else in Win7).  That should copy everything over for you, provided you don't do something like create new folders in the root directory.  I would expect that the Wizard would not find those, but if you use the standard folders (my documents, my music, etc.) it shouldn't be a problem.  I'm pretty sure this can be done over a network, too.

0 Likes
whitneyjj

I do not have my trophy yet  but I am an avid zune hd user and I can tell you that the zune software is very easy to transfer from one computer to the next.  I can plug my zune hd into a different computer that my zune is not registered to and copy all of my music to that computer.  I don't have a zune pass yet but with the zune pass you could easily copy everything.  I'm not sure exactly how to answer your question so ask anything you would like to know?

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Whitney, SWEET!  Kudos.

0 Likes