Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Google Sync problem after Mango install
bonzo

Anyone having any sync issues after installing mango (via Zune trick).  Everything seemed to go OK on install.  Yahoo email account transferred over OK.  But Google account (I use for calendar) shows "needs attention" or "Not up to date" via email and accouts settings page.  If I try to manually sync, i get "Google error" along with error code 8004010F.  I have tried to delete and re-add my Google accout to my post-Mango phone, but still have same error.  I had no issuse with Google before Mango install.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Sync problem after Mango install
acetheonly

Google on a Windows phone.  Don't see a problem. :smileytongue: Try Windows Live. 

0 Likes
Ladyann415
I also developed a sync error after forcing mango upgrade. In my case one note won't sync with SkyDrive (using wireless sync to the cloud). The error message is e000002e, and sync worked perfectly before the mango upgrade. I am not using google sync at all but am iMapping email to google apps hosting. My gut says it's a mango problem.
0 Likes
bonzo

To fix the Google (calendar) sync problem on my Windows 7.5 (Mango) phone, I had to create a Gmail email address for my Google account.  I originally had only my existing Yahoo email set up my Google account.  My Google calendar would no longer sync with a Yahoo address assigned as the only email assigned to the Google account.

I first balked at trying this fix because I had misunderstood other posts to mean that I would need to create another Google account with a new Gmail email address.  I did not want to create a second Google account and have to copy/transfer my multiple calendars from my original account to a new one.  But you don’t need a new Google account, just a (new) Gmail address assigned to your existing Google account.  So log into your existing Google account on your PC, then go to Account Settings and pick Gmail under “Try Something new”.  Proceed through the screens to create a new Gmail address, but select “use with existing account” when prompted.  You will end up with a new Gmail address as the primary email assigned to your existing Google account, and your old email (Yahoo in my case) as the secondary email.  Note that you can still login to your Google account with your secondary email address.

Now go back to your phone, choose “add an account” under “email+accounts” in Settings.  Use your new Gmail address (instead of your original non-Gmail address), and rejoice as your phone starts to sync with Google.

Note that I do not intend to use my Gmail address, nor the Hotmail address that Windows Live created for me.  I consider these just orphaned artifacts to enable Windows, Google, and Yahoo to play nice on my phone.

0 Likes
bonzo

One other “trick” you need to do to get all your Google calendars to sync (and not just the single, primary calendar):

http://wonderreader.tumblr.com/post/7360213627/multiple-google-calendars-windows-phone

0 Likes