Got frustrated and gave up
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

<Comment removed for discussion of moderation per the .  This discussion is now locked for discussion of rooting and hacking of devices.>

All I wanted to know was whether VZN would push our the WP7.8 update for the Trophy. All I (and other users) wanted was a simple YES or NO.

Got frustrated that I got no official answer.

Took the issue elsewhere. Now I am not advocating that other users find a third party method to update your software. But I got tired of the non-answer from VZN. I asked the question multiple times here, and chatted on line with customer service. No answer. So I went elsewhere to get my needs satisfied. My contract won't be up for and upgrade until January. I would love to switch to the Nokia 928 but can't at this point unless I want to upgrade at the full price. Not in the budget.

I work for a retail company, our customers get the royal treatment, not the royal brush off. When will VZW learn how to treat customers better (in all fairness, I have heard that the other major carriers aren't any better.) Too bad you don't treat your customers better!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Got frustrated and gave up
Not applicable

Customer Service does not know the answer and could not tell you if they did.  You also just voided your warranty.  Congratulations.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Often times because the answer you received was not the answer you expected it does not mean the question wasn't answered.

When I worked with the public, my answer of "I don't know or cannot say for certain" was always meet with "oh you don't know either, what are we paying you for"? I often said to hear that same stupid reply from the public instead of giving you a wrong answer.

For the record updates are announced on verizons communication page, it is normally leaked all over the net and on Facebook and Twitter. The update is not available yet, no other information is known.

Question answered. And I don't even work for Verizon.

jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

The warranty is expired. Moot point.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yea, I realized that after I posted.

0 Likes