Re: Guy with "VZ Corporate Source" at WPcentral says Lumia coming to VZ on Black Friday
Drazyw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, i have little faith given their track record.  I'm just jaded.

0 Likes
Re: Guy with "VZ Corporate Source" at WPcentral says Lumia coming to VZ on Black Friday
swyost
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am always surprised at the extent to which so many fellow VZW customers are willing to act like a person on the abused end of an abusive relationship.  People make excuses and come up with perpetual rationalizations about how "this time" things will be different.  Here is a news flash for people.  The platform launch is three weeks away and there is a total of ONE US carrier that has not made their plans known - VZW.  Even Sprint has made their plans known by acknowledging they will not carry any WP8 devices. I expect there will be some unhappy people around here if (as I expect) VZW eventually announces a low spec device that will be available nowhere near launch.  Does that seem familiar to anyone?  Quite frankly, this looks like a repeat of WP7. BTW, according to HTC's website, the 8X has a US carrier: AT&T.   People can grasp at whatever rumors they like, but the real news is VZW's silence.

Oh, stuff like "a guy with VZ corporate source" said something is about as meaningful as the guys with the government sources saying that there are space aliens being held at Nellis AFB..... 

Drazyw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Here is the problem with people who don't read before they post.  I've posted this link a couple times:

"We'll sell multiple Windows Phones in the fourth quarter," Verizon Chief Marketing Officer Tami Erw...

This one, too:

Verizon Chief Financial Officer Fran Shammo, speaking on a conference call today, said he was "fully...

"We created the Android platform from the beginning and it is an incredible platform today that we h...

So if you're right, I'll be the most shocked one here.  Fact is, as we'll all find out, the FUD crowd will be proven wrong.  Patience will win.

Just in case you're wondering - these are not rumors.  They are verifiable facts.

Message was edited by: hopmedic Please tell me, other than a witch hunt, what could have warranted this post being marked as "currently being moderated"

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

We know VZW is silent they have and always will be until maybe we as customers make enough noise to change that mentality.  Any yes we may never see a Lumia 920 variant on VZW or we may.  Yes, I'd be PO'd but that is the nature of the game.  Its up to me if I want to stick around with this carrier or take a shot going to AT&T where I can get really horrible service and be stuck for 2 years kicking myself for leaving VZW.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

See, that's the thing...  How long have we been making noise, and they haven't changed a thing?  They're not going to listen.  And even if they were, a lot of the noise here is the wrong kind of noise.  I don't know...  I just don't think we're going about it right.  We've been doing the same thing, and hoping for a different result.  I'm wondering if it's time for us to change tactics?  I don't know to what, but I'm wondering...  Sitting here and yelling, VERIZON, YOU NEED TO TELL US!  doesn't seem to be working.  VERIZON, I'M GOING TO ATT! doesn't seem to be working.  They know they have the best coverage, the most 4GLTE markets... They don't care if they have an anti-consumer reputation - they have the network where ATT doesn't.  And Sprint and TMO?  BAHAHAHA!  Fugedaboudit!

Yes, we need to change their attitude.  The question is how.  What we've been doing hasn't been working.

Message was edited by: hopmedic I would like to know what, about this message, warrants it being marked as "currently under moderation"

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The problem there is only a few of us rattling the cages; nats to VZW corporate big wigs.  We would need thousands of people beating them for answers and basically only when it starts hitting VZW in the pockets of the board nothing will get done.

Hopefully with you having an open dialog with VZW you might get some headway.  I'm not giving up asking for answers though Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Pavlovscow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is my issue:

I've waited on Verizon on several phones.  Followed lots of rumors, joined lots of communities.  Two things have been consistent, the hot rumored phone is always delayed, and when finally revealed it doesn't surprise or shake any of the rumors.

Back in August wpcentral posted this:

http://www.wpcentral.com/report-nokia-unveil-arrow-and-phi-windows-phone-8-devices-att

And it's playing out almost exactly as rumored.  Verizon hasn't shown any significant push or rumor to attach them to the Nokia lumia 920.  They never got the 900.  The trophy was a mid performer.  Verizon will carry a high end windows phone when windows phone, Microsoft and the other carriers spend the marketing money for the bean counters at Verizon to determine its worthwhile to enter the market in a significant way.

Until then,it seems that they will do just enough to keep people like us begging and crying for our desired device on the best US network.  They will let rumors go unanswered knowing we will cling to hope.  They will make no statement until the phone is in stores.  They have already told us they will not carry the 920 but not doing anything. 

Our only options are leave for the phone or stay for the network.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

hopmedic wrote:

See, that's the thing...  How long have we been making noise, and they haven't changed a thing?  They're not going to listen.  And even if they were, a lot of the noise here is the wrong kind of noise.  I don't know...  I just don't think we're going about it right.  We've been doing the same thing, and hoping for a different result.  I'm wondering if it's time for us to change tactics?  I don't know to what, but I'm wondering...  Sitting here and yelling, VERIZON, YOU NEED TO TELL US!  doesn't seem to be working.  VERIZON, I'M GOING TO ATT! doesn't seem to be working.  They know they have the best coverage, the most 4GLTE markets... They don't care if they have an anti-consumer reputation - they have the network where ATT doesn't.  And Sprint and TMO?  BAHAHAHA!  Fugedaboudit!

Yes, we need to change their attitude.  The question is how.  What we've been doing hasn't been working.

Message was edited by: hopmedic I would like to know what, about this message, warrants it being marked as "currently under moderation"

I believe its your contant negative comments towards Verizons stance on equipment options and negative comments toward others that is getting you moderated. you may want to slow down bud before you get banned.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

hopmedic wrote:

Look... You're yelling at one of the guys who is trying to provide information. That won't help you at all.

It is no secret that Verizon is one of the most anti-consumer companies out there, is it? Bing it. Verizon is anti-consumer, anti-phone manufacturer, anti-anyone who doesn't wear a Verizon name badge, and they're probably anti-half of THEM. Does it really surprise you that we can't get information out of them?

I have reached out to execs in the past as well as currently to try to make them realize that this is not constructive, but the reality is that Sprint has the best customer service in the industry, and at least in my area, the worst coverage. This is how you can treat people when you have them over a barrel. I can go to ATT, who has just as bad customer service, and if we end up not getting a 920 caliber device, I probably will, but I am still under contract for a couple more months for two of the three devices on my plan, so I will wait until they either expire or I decide I just don't want to wait any longer, then pay the ETF.

Until they open up, how about exercising some courtesy and being kind to those of us who ARE trying to pass along information to the rest of you. Otherwise, I'd rather you hunt ot down yourself.

Message was edited by: hopmedic Please tell me what, other than perhaps a witch hunt, could have prompted this post to be marked as "currently under moderation"

Per the Verizon Forum TOS, you are not allowed to ask why your posts are currently under moderation.

0 Likes