Re: Guy with "VZ Corporate Source" at WPcentral says Lumia coming to VZ on Black Friday
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Please show me in the TOS where opinions are banned.

0 Likes
Re: Guy with "VZ Corporate Source" at WPcentral says Lumia coming to VZ on Black Friday
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Our only options are leave for the phone or stay for the network.

Unfortunately that is a very sad state of affairs. In a true capitalistic society, the competitors are at the mercy of the consumer. But since the world is not perfect and we live in a materialistic consumer driven society, the competitors find many loop holes around these situations. Now the consumers are at the mercy of the competitors

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

This is indeed the sad thing.  Unfortunately, when you have a monopoly (or in this case a quad (or in some places duo) poly), they've got you over a barrel.  Until technology comes far enough to be able to do away with the need for all the expensive infrastructure that it takes, I don't know a way around it.  The only alternative that comes to mind right away is for government to own the infrastructure, and have providers lease it, but do we really want government any more involved????   I sure don't.... 

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Maybe the guy could be saying the truth after all.

NokiaPureView writes, “lumia 9XX for verizon so beautiful :) ” and laments that it can’t share images of the handset because “@selop don’t want us to take photos”. It claims that this phone “look like 920 but looks like thinner and lighter” and that we should expect it to arrive “end of year or 2013 at CES”. Supposedly, the handset is only now undergoing carrier testing.

He did say that it will come around the time of Black Friday

http://pocketnow.com/2012/10/11/nokia-lumia-920-model-verizon/

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The 'looks thinner and lighter" bothers me, that means they are either reducing the battery capacity, removing the pureview camera or the HD screen.  Sounds like just a generalization based on observation.

If they announce at CES next year we won't see it till Feburary the earliest Smiley Sad

0 Likes
soangry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah and unfortunately at that point, it will be too late.  They will miss the boat on the hype machine.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

No its coming with Pureview

@NokiaPureView claim handling is a Verizon version of the 920 that will be announced at CES, or something totally different like the rumored 1001 in early testing phases, remains to be seen. The source just says "matte finish, pureview, thinner, lighter, better," leaving us to salivate over the perspective.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia-leaksters-claim-they-have-a-Lumia-prototype-with-PureView-tech-...

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Someone replied to one of my comments over on wpcentral this morning with a mention of this @NokiaPureView guy, so I gave him a follow....  I haven't seen anything out of him that suggests to me that he's credible yet.  Especially his website, www.nokiapureview.com.  Looks like a wannabe to me.  I doubt there's any credibility there at all.  I could be wrong, but he looks completely amateur.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

very true Hopmedic. I dont know why these professional sites gave him the time of the day

0 Likes
soangry
Enthusiast - Level 2

hmm this guy seems to be getting some good airtime now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nokia-lumia-922-on-verizon-2012-10

0 Likes