HOW TO FORCE ZUNE TO UPDATE YOUR PHONE TO MANGO
jsmith1085
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hey guys, just saw the announcement today and I got this to work to "force" Mango to update. http://www.wpcentral.com/force-mango-update-early-through-zune-software Works fine, 100% legit, had to use the internet disconnect trick for it to tell me I had an update available. From one geek to all... ENJOY! 😃
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HOW TO FORCE ZUNE TO UPDATE YOUR PHONE TO MANGO
jsmith1085
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hope someone can pin this...
0 Likes
acetheonlyone

Used this also.  Make sure to disconnect quick and then after it the update is available make sure to connect before trying to install the update or you will have to try it again.  Worked flawlessly. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
LostRiot

Awesome! Thanks!!!!!

0 Likes
rolexdpracer

It worked for me, but my 3G is toast. I saw on another thread that the only fix is resetting your you. I'm giving it a shot now.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I had to do this with my wife's phone to get the update, and it took me about 20-30 tries, but I was able to get it.

0 Likes
Racer112

No DATA after mango eather.. and I didn't even force zune to update it just did 2 updates one after another by itself. 

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

As I suggested in the other forum, back up all your photos and music to computer with zune. Pull the battery, keep it out 30 sec.  Put it back in, and if that doesn't do it, reset the phone.  Settings | about | reset my phone | yes | yes.  If that doesn't do it (I bet it will), call Verizon for tech support.

0 Likes
jsmith1085
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hey guys, I've noticed the no data complaint as well. The fix seems to be to roll back your device to your backup in Zune, uninstall the HTC Connection Setup app from your phone then reapply the Mango update. Certainly a phone reset would uninstall this app, but losing all your data is a real annoyance.
0 Likes