Re: HP, FCC and Bluetooth sites show a CDMA HP Elite X3 is headed to Verizon. But when?
natekw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, but remember "Andromeda / Core" devices will not be defined as phone devices.  Or as we define a "phone" today by today's standards.  Rather devices running those editions of Windows will be some type of ultra mobile PC.  I will be good with the Elite X3 until the end of 2018 or wehnever these devices come out.

0 Likes
Re: HP, FCC and Bluetooth sites show a CDMA HP Elite X3 is headed to Verizon. But when?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The main question now is when will the Elite X3 be made available to Verizon Wireless customers?. The trail has gone silent.

0 Likes
natekw
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are all watching Microsoft and their online store at the moment. We are told it will be available there.  Although it can be special ordered through a reseller/distributor it comes with no ETA or an ETA of 2-3 weeks or longer....Plus I am not certain of the price difference or what it will debut at as far as price and accessories.  So I have chose to wait for the Microsoft online ad to show up for it myself.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A quick check of HP's website still shows GSM only compatibility.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

While scanning pages for articles concerning the Elite X3, I found a link to the Verizon Wireless developer's page devoted to the X3...

Verizon Open Development | device

Also, in the latest Microsoft notes concerning which model phones can be updated to the various iterations of W10M, the Elite X3 (Verizon Wireless) is mentioned a couple of times.

So, it looks like the phone is coming. The questions is when?

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

it isn't coming to Verizon, hp has also dropped support for windows phone. they are not making them anymore, just selling what stock they have left.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

HP and Microsoft are supporting the X3/Windows 10 Mobile until 2019. HP has halted further development of the X3 and peripherals while Microsoft will continue to roll bug fixes and enhancements to W10M. By the time 2019 rolls around Microsoft Andromeda should be out along with the hardware that runs it.

0 Likes
natekw
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is available on the Microsoft store now.  Buy HP Elite x3 Bundle - Microsoft Store

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I hope the phone will be sold in Microsoft's brick & mortem stores. All locations in my area show unavailable.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Typo....brick and morter.

0 Likes