HTC 8X update 8.0.10501.127 proplems with wifi
RRB1

Since the recent update on the HTC 8X to 8.0.10501,127, I have had difficulty connecting with any WiFi network and my battery is suddely dramatically shortened.  I assume the WiFi is locked in some search mode, but can never connect and this drains the battery.  I have seen on other forums that problemes have occurred with the 8X and I was checking to see if anyone here has had problems.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 8X update 8.0.10501.127 proplems with wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RRB1,

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your device since the software update. Updates are suppose to improve the device not cause issues. In regards to the issues you are having with Wifi are you unable to connect to Wifi or does it disconnect you when you are connected. Please provide more details.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BT6262

I have the same problem.  The wifi is completely unstable now.  It will connect to a network and then drop a network or not identify networks that I know are available (I know this because either the network has been available for over a year on my phone or a device I have right next to my phone identifies a network and the phone does not).  This update is not good!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello BT6262! Let's figure out this issue! Have you tried removing & readding these networks into your WiFi?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JeffMats

Same issue. After latest update (OS8.0.10501.127 & Firmware 3030.0.42201.605), wifi does not reconnect automatically (despite being checked as ON), wifi connections are lost and the wifi will return error that it connect connect, and wifi will some times fail to show any networks.  Oh and it's slow.  The phone went from being okay to unreliable.  Any hints?

0 Likes
RPM121

I am having the same issues with WiFi connectivity and battery drain since the update. I have not tried removing and reconnecting to a network while the issue is happening. The loss of WiFi connectivity is not consistent but when it does happen, the only way to fix it is to turn the phone off and then on again.

0 Likes
martinrp

Same issue starting immediately after the update. It's as if the router suddenly lost power (it didn't as other devices unaffected). Will not connect in rooms that were previously OK and when connected, drops connection. Download of any graphics in emails either impossible or exceedingly slow. What is being done about this?

0 Likes
Firestop

I too am having the same problem.  Verizon sent me a replacement phone with system software prior to the latest update...the WiFi worked fine on the new phone.  The new phone found the software update ...I installed it...now the new phone has the same issue with WiFi.

Verizon...I have spent a considerable amount of time with your customer service agents on this issue...you need to get past your denial that this is not a system software issue and get past blaming HTC....your the service provider...provide some service...use your leverage to get them to fix their software quickly.!

i have been with you since the days of GTE and this is the first time you have really disappointed me; and, by the blogs I've been reading...I'm not alone.......

0 Likes
RockfromSunnyFL

I am experiencing exactly the same problem since the last update. Wifi connectivity is poor (dropped connections or won't connect at all) and very slow data transfer rates when it does connect. Often the phone won't recognize any wifi networks even when I am physically seated right in front of my home router. The only solution to the not recognizing networks issue is to power off and back on, but the connection is still unstable with frequent wifi disconnect and very slow data transfer.

What is the resolution for this issue?  Will Windows phone 8.1 resolve this?  When is that update finally coming to HTC 8x devices?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You know this is a Hoot.

You have another poster harping on when will the windows phones get an update to this or that. And falsely telling people to complain to the FCC which cannot compel Verizon to give the update.

Now this thread is about a previous update that has now made the device malfunction.

I am sorry to say there is no set date. However why would you want another update if the last one screwed up your device?

Verizon cannot win either way, as I said in the other threads.

A suggestion as to the WiFi disconnects. In your routers settings assign an IP address to the Windows phone. you need to know the MAC address of the device, once you have that follow the routers manual to make an assigned connection for the device.

Then every time the Windows phone connects it will have a dedicated IP address.

Good Luck

0 Likes