HTC 8x - Wont power on.
namyzzo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Purchased a New HTC8x Blue from a local verizon store 15 days ago.. Now phone wont power on. Charge indicator light wont come on, tried 2 different power sources, removed sim card for awhile, Volume Down and Power button ...etc = Nothing Works..

Called tech support - basically tried the different charging cables and the Reset procedure = Nothing worked.

supposedly still within a "worry free" period and have to goto the store for replacement.. Hope they got one!

Love the phone though..!!

I have an Acer tab with Android and have messed with other Android Cell phones.. But this is First Windows phone and I prefer it over Android. I Like the LIVE TILES, overall layout and since I'm a Microsoft/Windows/Hotmail user = I didn't have to make up any Gmail email address and jump through the "Google Hoops"...OneNote,Hotmail and Exchange @ work all work great and easy configuration.. Phone call quality was great, Phone Never  locked up (installed Skype, Astrology app,..etc)... Controls my XBOX 360 !!! = pretty SWEET!.. (use it as a controller - or it will receive Extra information about Videos/Music that you are playing on the Xbox at that time.) ..

Crossing Fingers = will let u guys know..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 8x - Wont power on.
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Don't worry bud, your new one should be good. I bought my first one, the charge was at 49%, went to bed and woke up and it was completely dead. Had the phone for 24 hours. So I went back and got a new one, its been about 3 weeks, so far no issues and going well.

You like me most likely got a dud. Next one should be better hopefully for you

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

I have seen several users with this same kind of problem. Glad it didn't happen to me. I totally think it is a hardware problem. It is a great phone though. I went from a new Nexus phone to this and as refined as Jelly Bean is I still don't think it has near as much polish as WP8.

0 Likes
ozzymcp
Enthusiast - Level 1

..just an update...

So - phone tech support advised I am still within the worry free period and I had to return to my store..

called store next day - and was advised the worry free program is only for 14 days.. ( I am at 15 ) - sorry charlie!

Called tech support - and they advised me that the "Worry Free" program IS still in effect for me - because Verizon has extended the program, for the Holidays (30 days from purchase?).. So the tech called my store and gave the Sales person the heads up... Tech support adv the store had have my phone and to stop in the store...

I called back the store - just to make sure they had my phone..The same guy that sold it to me and knew I had the Blue one.. I asked him "you got the blue one right"? = Oh, No we dont...and I cant order any because = BLAH,BLAH,BLAH...

I adv him I bought the Blue, wanted the blue = not going to pay for something else I didn't want...He called around and found another store and they had it... =

Anyways - after I got to the new store to get my replacement - there were Up's and Downs there too... Luckily - I made it out of there with another Sweet Phone!!

-Hope Blue holds up! -

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Sounds like typical Verizon. Making you chase around for something and giving horrible sale support.

Hopefully your new one works out great

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

And to think that they got rated as the best customer service. Eeek.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes