Re: HTC Announces Radar and Titan
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

That Samsung Focus S looks pretty sweet.

0 Likes
mwmccowan

Totally agree...

0 Likes
mwmccowan

I agree, Titan is the bomb!  I realy like the larg display size...

0 Likes
siegeshot

Can't find Trophy new anywhere. Holding out for Titan now. Gave up on a Win phone with a keyboard a few weeks ago.

Plz stop trying to sell me a Droid. Every model is obsolete within two weeks... 

I want a Windows phone. Still extremely impressed with my old TP2. It's doing its darndest to stay alive for me...

Where are you Vzw? I have money. Need new phone. Windows phone.

Thx. 

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I have Trophy, but am holding out for Nokia to bring a higher quality WP device to VZW.  According to the rumor mill, that's the case.  We shall see.....

0 Likes
matovich

Looks like there has been no chat for two months.  Any chance Verizon is going to release a Titan.  My phone contracts are just about to expire and I am thinking of switching to ATT to get the Titan.  I would love to go to a Win phone but want a big screen.  I am not going to sign a two year contract on a Trophy...

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

matovich wrote:

Looks like there has been no chat for two months.  Any chance Verizon is going to release a Titan.  My phone contracts are just about to expire and I am thinking of switching to ATT to get the Titan.  I would love to go to a Win phone but want a big screen.  I am not going to sign a two year contract on a Trophy...

Titan is a GSM 4G phone (ATT exclusive) that won't work on CDMA or Verizon. It won't be on Verizon ever. If you want premium devices (any system) leave Verizon.

The Titan is mindbogglingly incredible but not fo Verizon peeps

At this point with all the Mango phones being 4G (titan, radar, both samsungs) and Verizon pimping 4G/Droid they will need 4G to rationalize a marketing effort. The delay in releasing Trophy to summer also no-doubt tied into their xmas WP7 and device plans.

Sorry Verizon people but CES is your next possible announcement and hope for the rumored Nokia LTE or other Mango 4G device (which MS has said is ready to go software wise unlike cdma back at Nov '10 launch)

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

siegeshot wrote:

Can't find Trophy new anywhere. Holding out for Titan now. Gave up on a Win phone with a keyboard a few weeks ago.

Plz stop trying to sell me a Droid. Every model is obsolete within two weeks... 

I want a Windows phone. Still extremely impressed with my old TP2. It's doing its darndest to stay alive for me...

Where are you Vzw? I have money. Need new phone. Windows phone.

Thx. 

keyboard is a total waste with WP7. If you can't type in portrait just turn sideways (any device the WP7 keyboard works great)

0 Likes
JasonSCarter
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, CES is when we will find out IF anything is coming.  If not there, I am losing all hopes of anything WP related from Verizon until next summer.  Even if something is annouced at CES, it will be like April or May before we see anything.  Verzion was pretty late even getting the Trophy into the mix (May 2010) when Sprint had their CDMA WP7 phone out in March.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

chinch wrote:
Titan is a GSM 4G phone (ATT exclusive) that won't work on CDMA or Verizon. It won't be on Verizon ever. If you want premium devices (any system) leave Verizon.

The Titan is mindbogglingly incredible but not fo Verizon peeps

1. Don't believe this for a minute.  Trophy started as a GSM phone in Europe.  Arrive started as the Pro 7, a GSM phone in Europe.  Just because a phone is currently GSM doesn't mean that it won't be made to CDMA.  If so, we wouldn't have Trophy, and Sprint wouldn't have Arrive.  This is not to say that it WILL come to Verizon, but that it COULD.

2. Rumor has it that Nokia is in "serious" talks with US carriers to bring a high end CDMA phone to America - the Nokia 900 is rumored to be a Verizon-bound phone.  Rumor, but let's see how it pans out.

0 Likes