HTC ONE M8 OVERHEATING
thriller19

I have been a loyal customer with Verizon wireless for over 10 years and recently within the past 2 months after joining the edge program have had issues with the HTC 8 windows phone.  It has been overheating to the point that the bottom of the phone is too hot for touching.

The issue wa first reported to Verizon only after 3 weeks of purchasing the new phone and the customer service department called technical support suggested that a hard reset would fix the issue.  Well 2 weeks later, the same issue happened and this time customer service AKA technical support told me to hang on to the phone because there is nothing they can do unless I purchase a new phone.  Well the story gets crazier; third time should be a charm to get this fixed and I march into the Verizon Store and the service technician literally looks at my phone and proceeds to tell me and I quote “there is nothing we can do”!! 

Frustration mounting because after 10 years with the same company you would think that Verizon would treat their customers with better customer service seeing that is what they thrive upon.  Third time again contacting technical support and this time speaking with a supervisor who could not assist me and now I explain to him that I have small children and often they pickup my phone. 

While HTC may put out a good phone, my frustrated concern is the lack of support coming from the Verizon family in terms of assistance with a valued customer who has trusted in their service well over 10 years.  If their lack of support with a phone that has had issues in the first 3 months, what is to say that they will be a valued company that any customer would want to continue business with.

As it relates to this issue, I have asked Managers and customer support to allow this phone to be returned to the store and that I can select another device. Their response is NO – which to me does not seem like great customer service let alone a company that I would feel comfortable continuing service with.  10 years with the same company is loyalty and to have this type of treatment is unfair and not business acumen.  

If anyone has experienced similar issues, I suggest that you continue to express your concerns.  Value and good service equals long-time customers and good reputation.  Bad service and disrespect equals customers switching and cancelling service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC ONE M8 OVERHEATING
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately you only have 14 days to return a defective device. However the phone it's self should have a manufactures warranty of 1 year; HTC Support | HTC United States

If they bend the rules for you they would then have to bed the rules for everyone at which point having any sort of policy in place is pointless. It's understandable that you'd be frustrated though as it seems you've been up front and honest with them the entire process and tried to alert them ASAP to any issues.

I see they already suggested a factory reset, you should also consider how many applications are running at one time. For example if you have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Location etc. all on at the same time it will certainly keep your phone warm. Make sure to close all apps when finished and only install trusted 3rd party applications. You could also try a thicker tough case, depending on how hot your phone actually gets and the type of material the case is made out of it might help reduce the heat you are actually feeling. Of course it also may shorten the life of your phone also.

If you qualify you can also try and get on Early Edge, but I believe you'd have to wait a certain length of time; 6 months? At which point you could give them that phone and get a different one; just make sure you read all the reviews you can on the device that is on the Edge program to make sure it doesn't have any consistent faults.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello thriller19,
We appreciate your loyalty and definitely want you to be satisfied with your device. How long after you've been using it does it start getting warm? Has a warranty replacement been issued?

DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The phone will be replaced under warranty IF you have at least extended warranty ($3) from Verizon and that is AFTER the first year. Also, no physical or water damage can be found for it to be covered as well.  If not under warranty or if damage is found, the repair is going to cost out of pocket.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

No. This is a

"I didn't know the m9 was coming out. I got the last model. What can I say to get a free upgrade to the newest model?" Post.

Snn5
Legend

That would be an unfortunate leap from the frying pan into the fire.  The M9 was or is just about the worst selling phone Verizon ever allowed on their Phone Sales page.  And the HTC One M8 was a Windows phone.

0 Likes