HTC One (M8) Windows Phone: Calls Going Straight to Voicemail
ChrisClem360

I've noticed that some, not all, incoming calls go straight to voicemail on my HTC One (M8) Windows Phone. A lot of my friends and family ask why I don't answer and I'm not knowing they call. Not all of my calls will go to voicemail, but a good amount will. This happens in many different places, not just one.

Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One (M8) Windows Phone: Calls Going Straight to Voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone to be fully functional. This issue can be caused by a 3rd party app. Have you downloaded any apps recently? We suggest that you try running your device in Safe Mode. To put your device in Safe mode: Press and hold the Power key. On the screen, touch and hold Power off under Phone Options. When the ‘Reboot to safe mode’ message appears, tap RESTART. When the phone restarts it will be in safe mode.

RobertH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ChrisClem360

My phone is the Windows 8.1  version, so this Safe Mode option is not a possible task for me. I have deleted the apps I have downloaded within the past couple of months to try and solve this and still no fix. This issue is causing me to miss out on work calls and lose money in the process so any more fixes would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ChrisClem360,

We certainly do not want you missing any work calls. Let's keep digging here. Have you tried powering your phone off and removing the sim card for a few minutes? This link here will walk you through how to do this: http://vz.to/1NlRS8x

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ChrisClem360

Yes. I have tried restarting my phone. I have tried keeping it off for a long period of time. I have tried taking the sim card out for a period of time. I've tried everything a simple internet search will suggest and more and nothing has worked. I only know that I have missed calls if I'm fortunate that someone tells me or if they leave a voicemail. So for all I know my phone could have been getting calls all day and I would never realize.

Again, it's only some calls that don't go through. Not specific numbers, not at specific times, not in specific locations. It's a random occurrence that happens more than it obviously should.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ChrisClem360,

I appreciate all the trouble shooting you have done so far. At this point, since it seems to be occurring at random, i would recommend backing up your phone and performing a factory reset. These links will walk you through how:

Cloud: http://vz.to/1cQ9M2W

Reset: http://vz.to/1E4A8mL

ChristinaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ChrisClem360

I reset my phone yesterday, everything seemed fine. But my mother says she called 45 minutes ago and I did not get it. So I'm assuming it did not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChrisClem360,

This is disheartening to hear that the full reset did not do the trick. This is definitely a mystery & we need to get this figured out as quickly as possible. Making sure you receive every single phone call is crucial. Thank you very much for all the troubleshooting that you have done so far with us. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed information. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
makaser

I am having the same problem. I have an iPhone 6s+. I've done most of the same things. I haven't downloaded any new apps recently. I've reset the phone. Done all the same internet searches and troubleshooting. Unfortunately, in my digging, what I find is articles that go back as far as 2009 and it seems that Verizon never manages to answer anyone's questions. I'd be very interested to see if this one gets answered.

0 Likes