HTC Trophy Connection Lost 4th Time post Mango Update
mrobbeloth2
Everyone, I am well aware of the issues surrounding the Mango update and lost data connection. I have reset my phone several times and reapplied updates w/o the connection app, but continue to lose my data connection (no 3G, 1x, anything). It seems to get triggered intermittently when going to work out in a gym that is located in a huge air hanger (Cargo plane size) whose massive steel structure creates a very marginal connection. When this occurs, I can still call/text, but the data connection is gone. The only recourse is to hard reset my phone and reapply the updates. At this point, I'm done resetting my phone every two weeks to temporarily solve the problem. I have done the *228 to reprogram the phone, taken the battery out and put it back in, tried various combinations of turning the data connection switch on/off w/ and w/o airplane mode w/ resets following each change. No, I don't have the HTC connection app installed now or before the update. Does anyone have any solutions for solving this problem other than resetting it. A sales person at the Fairfield Mall corporate store said I would need to call to get a ticket to get the phone replaced under warranty, which is want I want to have occur (or moved into an Android/iPhone) On another sad note, the sales person said their store does not carry any windows phones, have received almost no interest in selling them, and was shocked that I had such a Verizon phone. He had never sold one himself...doesn't bode well for Windows Phone (maybe I could get a beta of Nokia phone coming to Verizon Smiley Happy ). Thank you. Frustrated, Michael
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Trophy Connection Lost 4th Time post Mango Update
mrobbeloth2

Talked to tech support, it is a known issue, but requires under warranty replacement of device. We'll see how the replacement does over the next several weeks.

0 Likes
mrobbeloth4
Less than two weeks after receiving the refurbished replacement, preloaded with Mango, it has also lost data connectivity. In addition, the "digitizer" on this phone is horrible, which makes scrolling and sliding movement hard to complete and taps1/3 of the way down on the left side appear dead from time-to-time. Should I hard reset my phone every two week to just get data connectivity restored. This seems like an unacceptable resolution to the problem considering the amount of time it takes to restore email, address books, settings, and apps. A Verizon representative claimed a technical support person would call back an hour after my initial call, but this did not happen. I'm becoming very unhappy with both this phone and Verizon support at this rate. I'm hoping they will just replace the phone with an iPhone or Android phone at this point. I would rather just be done with the Windows Phones at this point. (My wife's Droid 2 global has worked really well for her). Unsatisfied Customer, Michael Robbeloth
0 Likes
mrobbeloth4

I went into a local corporate store today and had them connect me to their technical support. They eventually contacted HTC whose support/engineers had not seen the particular issue I had encountered. After some give and take, I got them to authorize a switch to an Incredible 2 (they originally tried to send me an incredible 1, which is EOL now, but balked at this suggestion). I guess the Incredible 2 is a reasonable approximation to the Trophy. As an alternative, the Trophy did have a $90 trade-in value toward a different phone with a special dispensation given to me for an early upgrade to get the 2-year price.

I really hate leaving Windows Phone as I think it has the best user interface and experience of any of the phones. Unfortunately, it's not much use if the hardware/software is unreliable.

Michael

0 Likes