HTC Windows Phone Burn Victims
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

When Windows 8 rolled out almost 2 years ago, it was exciting to see Samsung, HTC and Nokia roll out devices at Verizon.  I was happy to DUMP my HTC Trophy to get on board with Nokia.  With the exception of my carrier issues, my Nokia experience has been a very good one.  My HTC experience with Windows Phone 6.5 and 7 was lackluster.  Few updates and not much support.

As is no surprise, Verizon has not made a peep about 8.1 Cyan.  More specifically, Verizon has not specifically confirmed that the HTC Windows 8 devices from 2 years ago will be updated with drivers and 8.1 Cyan.

What a great way for Verizon to kick off a new HTC Windows Phone device.  (Then blame low Windows Phone adoption on lack of interest.)

HTC One W8, can it get HTC back in the Windows Phone game? | Windows Phone Central

It's almost amusing that the Media believes that the new HTC One W8 will get HTC back into the Windows Phone game.  The last batch of HTC Windows Phones were short on hardware features (gyroscope, SD card slot, etc.), the phone corners discolored after 30 days of ownership, and the phone received minimal updates from HTC.  With the number of Nokia devices out there to choose from, it will be interesting to see who makes a decision to invest in the new HTC.  Especially of the burn victims with Verizon.

Windows_Phone_HTC_One.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Windows Phone Burn Victims
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

More news about the HTC One W8.  Good news, I guess, considering that Verizon did not have HTC scale back any of the hardware specs on the W8.

Still not a peep from VZW regarding new drivers and 8.1 Cortana for the old HTC 8X devices.  After almost 2 years on the market, no updates?  Quite a dark cloud to have hanging over the W8.

Some interesting comments in the news article below too.  Good commentary on the W8 getting Microsoft more focused on another high end device, etc.

http://www.wpcentral.com/htc-one-windows-has-cortana-integration-dot-view-case

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Now only $49.  With a 10 year contract.  Yep, another HTC device, just like the last one.  You know, the HTC 8X that you bought - ON CONTRACT - that Verizon will not provide drivers for or update to 8.1 Cyan.

Hey Verizon.  They taste better with a little salt and pepper.  Eat up!

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes