HTC gets very hot and the battery drains quickly?
saferly

What causes my smartphone to get very hot and the battery drain quickly?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC gets very hot and the battery drains quickly?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The HTC Trophy has a very small battery and you might be trying to run apps from Windows Store that are not optimized for a 500MB RAM and Snapdragon S1 CPU.

Small battery and old operating system with older technology trying to keep up with newer apps and updates is a very good indicator as to why you are having issues.

0 Likes
saferly

INCIPIO

0 Likes
saferly

I have an INCIPIO. The phone is 9 months old and there hasn't been a problem. My wife has the same phone and doesn't experience the same problem. Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

INCIPIO is the name of the case/cover on the HTC Trophy.  At least, you posted this question in the HTC Trophy space.  The case could be holding heat.  You might need to factory reset your phone if your phone is acting up and the wife's is not.

0 Likes
saferly

Model TCV6995HVC

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

saferly wrote:

I have an INCIPIO. The phone is 9 months old and there hasn't been a problem. My wife has the same phone and doesn't experience the same problem. Any other thoughts? Thanks for your help.

Incipo is a case manufacturer and not a model of phone. If your phone is 9 months old, it is definitely not a HTC Trophy as it (HTC 7 Trophy - Full phone specifications) was released originally over 5 years ago. This is why I asked you to clarify your phone model. Look in the About Phone area of the Settings and tell the community members what you have so we can direct to some useful suggestions. Another option is to look at the box the phone came in.

I suspected you didn't have the HTC Trophy because of its age and I wanted to confirm before mudding the waters more. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes