Has Verizon Begun Pushing Out 7.8 to the HTC Trophy Phones... yet?!?
corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

Hey, folks.

WP7.8 has been rock solid on my Trophy for months now but my wife's phone is still on WP7.5. Neither phone has ever received a notification about the WP7.8 upgrade via Verizon. BTW, for my phone, I upgraded myself. I believe Microsoft will be releasing WP7.9 this fall.

POLL: I want to know if Verizon has begun push the Windows 7.8 upgrade notification out to any of their paying customers yet.

Please respond here if you have or have not.

Thank you in advance for you feedback.

As well, thank you, Verizon, in advance if you have started.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has Verizon Begun Pushing Out 7.8 to the HTC Trophy Phones... yet?!?
jstfinkaboutit
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's a negatory. Still on 7.5.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jstfinkaboutit
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's a negatory. Still on 7.5.

0 Likes
corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks! That's too bad. Verizon should realize that most people will still eventually upgrade to get on the faster network. Keeping people of 7.5 won't make them upgrade faster; it just makes them more upset at Verizon.

I am glad I forced 7.8 on my phone. It is stable and looks a lot like WP8.

My buddy on T-Mobile just upgraded his WP7, thanks to T-Mobile.

0 Likes
jstfinkaboutit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks! That's too bad. Verizon should realize that most people will still eventually upgrade to get on the faster network. Keeping people of 7.5 won't make them upgrade faster; it just makes them more upset at Verizon.

Agreed!

I am glad I forced 7.8 on my phone. It is stable and looks a lot like WP8.

Yep, I forced the update too on mine yesterday, not regretting it. Works nicely. The only issue I ran into in updating was that the internet at my place died as soon as I started the update, so I had to roll back to the backup I had created just prior so I could move on with my day. Did the whole update later last night Smiley Happy.

corkwatchr
Contributor - Level 1

>Post deleted for violating the VZW ToS. Discussions concerning moderation may only occur in a Direct Message to the Site Admin, or the Moderators themselves<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes