Has anyone been able to update to Mango using Windows Phone 7 Connector (for Mac) ?
ricemaru
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been trying to update my Trophy, but have not been able to get past the 7392 update. Since I am on a Mac, I have been using the god-awful Windows Phone 7 Connector.   I've tried using Windows, through Parallels,  but it bogs my machine down so much, I can't tell if the software has crashed or the machine is frozen. 

Looking for ways to Jedi Force the update all point to using a PC and Zune, but nothing for Windows Phone 7 Connector. 

Thanks, in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone been able to update to Mango using Windows Phone 7 Connector (for Mac) ?
ricemaru
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally recieved the Mango Update.  It took about an hour and a half AND 2 backups, because the 1st one wasn't enough.

Updating with Connector for Mac was easy enough. 

Now on to diving into this Mango experience.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone been able to update to Mango using Windows Phone 7 Connector (for Mac) ?
wilsoncraft

I haven't been able to get past the 7392 update either and I'm not using a Mac, just plain old Windows and USB.  Don't know what gives, just checked again this morning and still no other updates available. C'mon Verizon...get the lead out!!!!

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

In the case of the Mac, I would have to suggest that you just be patient.  I am not familiar with the Windows Phone Connector, but the reported "force" of disconnecting the internet connection while checking for updates is a Zune workaround, not advertised in any way to work on a Mac. 

It is not Verizon who is holding back the update.  Microsoft had announced in the beginning that they were going to roll it out in a controlled fashion, with only 10% during the first week, and ramping things up if they went smoothly.  Things DID go smoothly, and they have ramped up, and from what I have read, at this point the update is available to about 50% of Windows Phone users.  As reported by WPCentral, after ten days, 20% of users are running Mango.  Compare that to 38% of Android users being updated to Gingerbread 10 MONTHS after the update was released (http://www.wpcentral.com/just-ten-days-microsoft-has-updated-20-phone-mango-world-wide-android-weeps).  Microsoft is well ahead of that curve.  Remember - they have said that they expect everyone to have Mango available to them by the end of October.  I know it is hard to sit and wait while your friends are using Mango, but I hope this helps you.

0 Likes
ricemaru
Enthusiast - Level 2

@rich- Thanks for the heads up.  I wasn't sure if being a Mac user or a Verizon customer was the issue. Its tough being patient with the Internet telling me I need everything now!

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, I know.  Even worse when you have an inside on the information.  I saw a prototype of Windows Phone in March of 2010, and had to wait until this May for Verizon to come out with it!

0 Likes
ricemaru
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally recieved the Mango Update.  It took about an hour and a half AND 2 backups, because the 1st one wasn't enough.

Updating with Connector for Mac was easy enough. 

Now on to diving into this Mango experience.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Glad to hear it!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes