Has anyone had issues with 4G Connectivity with their Windows HTC 8X?
blacqueone

I recently upgraded to the Windows HTC8X and have not had 4G service since. I've only had the device about three weeks and initially had 4G service. Now I barely get service at all. Ivive in washington DC, the entire city is in a 4G service area yet no matter where I go in the city, no 4G service, only 3G and that is sporatic. HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone had issues with 4G Connectivity with their Windows HTC 8X?
JenniMM79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so sorry you have this issue. I have not had that problem with my 8X. My phone almost always says LTE on it. Every now and then it will show 3G, but very rarely. I don't see why you are not getting the 4G, you should. Im in a small town in NC, so I would think in your area there would be no issues at all. 😕

0 Likes
jlaurie06

I also never have 4G!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having 4G service issues is no fun blacqueone. I can understand the frustration, plus you have an amazing phone. Are your service issues inside or outside? Are you having issues with voice calls, text, or internet? Have you tried to power cycle your device? Are you having any problems with any applications? I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
blacqueone

Both inside and outside areas. no issues so far with voice calls or text messages. I cannot access the internet most times, get error messages that page is not found or unable to access the file at this time. Have just abut given up on using the web feature. Will not allow me access to my wifi portal at work. Have powered on and off several times. Another issue I have is when I power off and the phone is connected to the charger it will automatically power back on. I don't like that at all and this phone is just one big battery, you cannot take the battery out and put back in, lol. Have been working with Verizon Tech support for two weeks so far not go with resolving issue. Waiting now for new sim card to see if that helps.

SANDRA

Remember;

It cost you nothing to be a friend. To open your heart to anyone who may be in need of a sympathetic  ear now and then. Even you sometimes feel alone and lost, for the world can be a cold and cruel place.

>>Personal information and e-mail headers removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We need to get to the bottom of this, jlaurie06. I want you to enjoy the brilliance of 4G LTE. What zip code do you reside in? Do you ever connect to 4G or are you losing connection? Please provide me with a few details.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the details! It does sound like this is a phone issue and not a network issue since it's happening all over the city and affecting wifi as well. If you're still having issues after receiving the SIM, I suggest a hard reset http://vz.to/YLeXTu. If no change, then the phone will need to be exchanged via warranty.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
blacqueone

Got new SIM card on Wednesday, waste of time, it wouldn't even activate. Back to initial SIM card, same issue no 4G connectivity. Next,  did a hard reset.  Still only 3G connectivity. I'm not trying to resend this phone back to Verizon,  it will be the second defective phone I've gotten in the last three months and will leave me without communications  until the new phone is received. Not an option. So Techies this is the challenge: Why is everyone I've talked to in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area with Verizon as their service provider only getting 3G service in a 4G area? Why do you provide only 4G SIM cards that do not allow 4G access????

SANDRA

Remember;

It cost you nothing to be a friend. To open your heart to anyone who may be in need of a sympathetic  ear now and then. Even you sometimes feel alone and lost, for the world can be a cold and cruel place.

>>Personal information and e-mail headers removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes