Having issues sending MMS and receiving all texts with my new Lumia 822
Sheri914

I am having issues receiving text messages. My husband has been texting me, but I have not received any of them. Also, I am not able to send MMS texts. Can anyone help me figure out what my issue is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Having issues sending MMS and receiving all texts with my new Lumia 822
twistdshade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Turn the phone off and back on again, try removing the battery etc. This is a common problem when the device is first activated and usually fixes itself after a few power cycles (restarts)

0 Likes
brwnzeni
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, make sure your cellular data usage is on...you won't be able to send MMS if you don't have that switch on. MMS will use some of your data from your data plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning and happy Saturday Sheri914,

If there is anything that I can empathize with, it's not being able to send and receive text messages. Texting is my favorite form of communication and I know how important it is in today's wireless world. You have my commitment to getting this frustrating issue resolved for you. May I ask have your tried the wonderful steps that twistdshade & brwnzeni provided. If you are getting a specific error message then please share so I can look it up for you. also, try erasing your old threaded text messages, reboot, and retest. Let me know the results just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dyp

We just got our phones. Mine is fine.  My husbands (figures) won't send or receive texts.  Have tried all of the above.  I will say that we had his number blocked before changing phones.  Please help.

0 Likes