Re: Help! My Lumia 928 is stuck in headphone mode!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We only want to make sure you have a working phone so you can enjoy many more years with us, bterry35. Although we don't actually manufacture the equipment, you can't enjoy the network we work so hard to provide if your phone isn't working properly. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613 with your name so we can get started with options.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
bterry35
Enthusiast - Level 2

I accepted your request, but not sure how to "Follow" you.

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Click on this link to her profile page:  , then in the upper right-hand corner of that page, click the Follow button.  Once she accepts it, you can then send her a Direct Message.

0 Likes
mattreynolds84

Now currently on my second Lumia 928 AND still within the second phone's In-Warranty period, I too took my second defective back to Verizon wanting to be done hoping the next phone wouldn't have any problems... unfortunately, I was told that they were unable to  do wanted ( switch phones at the "new contract" price ),  and that I would only be eligible for a like-new phone.

Really Verizon?

As a Verizon customer currently using Fios (with upgraded internet services), and a mobile service plan for the smart devices ( over $450 monthly )... I am confused as to how you intend to compete with Comcast - I assure you, not contractually bound to your cable services, Fios will be the first to go, and phone services will follow. It is sad to think your customers are only important when new contracts are involved.

Matt

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
mattreynolds84

Should I remove my last name from my user profile as well?

0 Likes
mattreynolds84

FYI, for those of you poor souls stuck with this phone - I found several links on my own that led to a working solution.

The original post can be found here: http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-928/233033-cant-hear-callers.html#post2073838

essentially, the phone still thinks you have an audio outlet plugged in - possibly due to a poorly designed sim card tray (located directly adjacent to the audio port) - at any rate, follow the link for a working solution...

ps - I'm still disgusted with verizon selling me a defective phone - Comcast is scheduled to come out next week to change our cable and internet services.

0 Likes
pps01

Same problem here with my white Nokia Lumia 928. Currently on my 3rd phone, about to be replaced for my fourth. Any word on a permanent FIX--not a workaround--for this?

0 Likes
mattreynolds84

Try searching this phrase on Google:

defects OR defective OR defect OR no audio "lumia 928"

half a million relevant search results... they are both aware of it, and probably why they are "giving them away" for free on new contracts...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are important to us and we do not want to lose you with our family mattreynolds84. I'm sorry your second phone is also having the same issue. A new phone comes with a 14day worry free guarantee. During the worry free guarantee you can exchange phones for the contract price as long as theres no damage to your phone. When a phone starts to have an issue and we have to replace it within the manufactures warranty, it will be a certified like new device of the same model. These phones work great because they go through a 100 point check. If it was deemed defective, we can replace it over the phone and have the replacement shipped to you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties pps01. We are happy to troubleshoot your concerns. Have you received your latest replacement? The warranty replacement is the final step for troubleshooting.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes