Re: Help bring Windows Phone 7 Smartphones to Verizon Wireless!
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

the bottom line is you think this OS is in any way similar to Windows Mobile 6.5. You couldn't be more wrong. Get that out of your head, learn Silverlight/XNA, and come back to the table. I guarantee you'll have changed your tune.

If you think "performance of Android is better" than explain me this. Why can a 1.2Ghz Windows Phone have a more fluid scrolling action, more responsive UI, and faster application launching than a dual-core Android phone? Why do you think Android phones are coming out w/ quad-core configurations? it's not because the OS is performant, it's because developers GET to do whatever they want and bog down the system to no end. it's because the OS is NOT performant that they have to keep cranking out higher hardware specs.

Joe Belfiore: WP will compete w/ Android on quality, not specs

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/11/2699923/joe-belfiore-windows-phone-interview

Watch a 1st gen Samsung Focus outmaneuver a Motorola Atrix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZEdxqZt6uw&list=FLY4LvNnj3fI7LeWdS0tyBRA&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Last but not least, what's more important - what your phone's specs say? How many apps you have? or how fast you can actually GET STUFF DONE w/ your phone? I say let me get stuff done.

Smoked by a Windows Phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz8d5NF_wFI

Wildman
Legend

Since I have openly reported that I made judgement of the WM7 without knowledge of the changes made to the OS, as for the essence of the processor type and how fluid a device responds I don't use YouTube videos as proof of concept because without knowing the apps installed, whats running on device, how long device been on and a number of things that can effect a result but each to their own on that one...

Android handles memory better and allows access time to a minimal since they use a linux base kernel that allow access to the API is a more optimized method, if you put a Windows system and a Linux system side by side you will always find areas that one OS will tromp the other but anyone that has used Linux, Unix or many or the Debian platforms would agree that in multitasking Android would come out on top.  There is a reason you will find more Unix base servers than Windows base systems in the market...  It depends on what you are using your device for to figure out what is optimized for their reasons for using it.

From benches I have put into play both OS has its advantages but like I said I shouldn't have judged WM7 to my older versions of WM but what I have seen from windows I do not think I still wouldn't be impressed but that is simple my views..  When WM runs more than word processors as a primary application I still don't see the comparison.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Looks like the petition is up to 600+ signatures.  That's a great start.  There are over 800 Verizon Trophy reviews on the Verizon Product Site right now, so the least we can do is let VZW know that there is potential for over 800 customers to go elsewhere for their phone upgrade.

Spread the word! 

http://petitionbureau.org/wp7onvzw

0 Likes
ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

You got my support. I was really banking on the Nokia 800 or 900 but that was shot to hell. Lets get it together Verizon. God I really hope they are not holding out for BB10. What a waste that would be.

0 Likes
jleebiker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Frenzytom, isn't there a notable update to this you would like to share? 😉

0 Likes
danvega
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wildman clearly you have not worked with Windows Phone 7.x as it doesn't remotely resemble the pile of crap Windows Mobile was. It's like calling Mac OS X the same as OS 9 or calling Windows 7 the same as Windows 3.1. Except in this case the OS is nothing at all like the previous Windows Mobile. I'm not sure what Unix and Windows has to do with this phones OS because this isn't a PC and the operating systems are nothing alike. Anyway take a look at this http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=27570 and you'll find Windows Phone is completely different.

0 Likes
frenzytom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why yes jleebiker! There is an update to this petition:

Someone from Executive Verizon Wireless offices called today and wanted to talked to me. I assume they looked me up and we chatted for alittle bit and I told her of our grievances about the status of Windows Phones on the Big Red's network. I told her about the lack of marketing and she honestly said they want phones that sell. She noted all my points (it was recorded) and she said she was going to bring it to the leadership team. Where this goes is anyone's guess but we got their attention. Thanks again for all the signatures and forward momentum. We must continue to fight to be the 98.6% and not the 1.4%!

I would like to thank VZW for being extremely responsive and taking their customer's issues right away. Now let's see some action!

0 Likes
danvega
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's great news that someone responded. Hopefully it gets us something because I'd hate the hassle of leaving but won't stick around if I'm not happy. Great work!!

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

Hopefully good news for the petition and hopefully not "news" to the "leadership team".  It would be quite disappointing to find out that those in VZW leadership were not aware of their inventory gap regarding WP7.

I would also hope that some of our supporting vendors like Nokia, Microsoft, Samsung and HTC are in the ear of the VZW leadership team letting them know that they are getting ready to miss a revenue chance that would be proportional to VZW not carrying the iPhone for 24 months.

In the mean time, let's keep this petition at the top of the Windows Phone Community conversation chain.  Let's also do what we can to post the latest WP7 news to this site.  If VZW is seeing our petition work, it would be good for them to see what we are seeing and reading that sways our opinion and passion towards the Windows Phone.

ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

that is hopeful news. Have to say I am very impressed with Verizon for taking the time to review and respond to the forums. This does tell me one thing, that Verizon has no short term WP plan. If they are just now bringing it to committee, I fear we have a long road ahead of us till we see some compelling devices. Verizon has a history of tweaking phones to their specs before they get it on their network.

0 Likes