Re: Here are the 950 / 950 XL Networks
snozberry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would be leaving Verizon if they do not carry this phone. I heard from Microsoft that the phone's OS Windows 10 is carrier independent, so they should. It would be a exec decision to block this phone, which would be a mistake.

Tidbits
Legend

It wouldn't be. It's a Microsoft decision to make it work on Verizon. Seeing they didn't put the support in there by looking at the specs says MS didn't do that so it wouldn't work.

Snn5
Legend

While we all want more competition in the marketplace, an "exec decision" to not carry these phones would not lead to a bankruptcy of Verizon.

Tidbits
Legend

Band 12 and Band 17 isn't the 700 that Verizon purchased. They purchased band 13.

jeffer23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with you.  I remember when AT&T was the only one who had the iPhone.  Many Verizon customers wanted them badly for several years before the contract with Apple expired.

While I doubt there is a contract this time, Verizon will probably wait to see what happens on the demand for them before having any interest in paying for any hardware.

0 Likes
jeffer23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed on wiki that Verizon also has 1700/2100 MHz AWS Band 4 and 1900 MHz PCS Band 2 which are on that list.  Are these limited bands (only voice, only data, or limited in geography coverage)?  Pardon my ignorance of networks since I have very little knowledge on it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1700/2100 MHz AWS Band Number 4

Branded as "XLTE",[40] Additional band for increased bandwidth.

1900 MHz PCS Band Number 2

Being deployed,[41] Additional band for increased bandwidth. Deployed in many markets

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Band 4 will not make the phone work on Verizon even if it is supported. It will require band 13(block C rules protection).

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

According to those Bands it should work on LTE Band 2 & 4, but like others and previous conversations, it may not work well as it needs Band 13 700Mhz. I'm rolling to Att.

New released bands above from Microsoft more than the previous leaks.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

See you later. AT&T has exclusivity so if you want it you have to go there anyway.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I'm sure verizon has already prepared for the 53 people that are leaving for Windows phones by having signed up 75 new customers. No dents in any bottom line.