High End Nokia Lumia Device - Still a Chance - Hold Your Horses!
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/882674https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/882674Man, I wish people would read more before they post.  So I'm creating this thread in the hopes (yeah, I know, they're misplaced hopes) that people will see the headline of the thread and come here and relax for a minute.  Anyway.....

There is more news on the subject, and those of us who follow more closely are posting it here in these (Verizon Community Forums) to try to help out the rest of you here, so please check on the threads that have been posting to for updates by those of us with a high post count.  Don't know who that is?  Hover over names and you'll see post count.  Like mine says Silver then the number is something over 500 (don't remember exactly).  Primortal is another good source, as is Chinch, to name a few.  Look on the left side of the forum to see the Top Participants, and you can click Top Participants if you would like to see more.  Myself, I follow closely and have a few contacts because I am a WP developer.  I don't know about the other guys - I don't know any of them other than what you see posted here.  Please - it's a lot easier to explain it once, than to have to explain it on every thread that someone complains on.

Friday, WPCentral, or Windows Phone Central (www.wpcentral.com) put out this article.  If you have a Windows Phone, you can get their app.  The article gives plausible arguments as to why the 822 may be more than just a modified 820.  So hold your horses, wait, and let's see what it is.

Also if you look over at this discussion you will see me tell about the talk I had this morning with a Verizon Wireless Southeastern Region Executive Assistant.

Grab the reigns, pull back, and let's see what's going on.  Oh - and if you want to answer a short three question poll - only 4 clicks involved - go to http://bit.ly/VZW920Svy and tell Verizon what WP8 device you want to see on their network, what you think about 920 exclusivity on ATT, and what you plan to do about it.

Thanks!

Also, check out this thread to _yankees_' thread Guy with "VZ Corporate Source" at WPcentral says Lumia coming to VZ on Black Friday and make sure you go read the info on the WP Central forums, because there is a lot more there than what _yankees_ posted to these forums - including some possible Black Friday pricing. 

Thanks to _yankees_ for sharing!

Message was edited by: hopmedic Added link to _yankees_ thread Guy with "VZ Corporate Source" at WPcentral says Lumia coming to VZ on Black Friday Thanks to _yankees_ for sharing!

Labels (1)
Re: High End Nokia Lumia Device - Still a Chance - Hold Your Horses!
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Very good post Hopmedic. I just posted something to similar to that. Check it out https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/785005

hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Ah - now that's a good post.  Highly recommended.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Hopmedic

T-mobile just announced Nokia Lumia 810. Looks like a cross breed between 820 and 920. Check it out. WE MAY STILL HAVE A HOPE FOR A VERIZON 822? WHO KNOWS??

http://www.wpcentral.com/t-mobile-us-announces-nokia-lumia-820-coming-weeks

The 4.3” device features an OLED WVGA Clear Black display at 800x480 with an 8MP rear as well as a 1.2-megapixel Skype HD certified front-facing camera. In addition, T-Mobile will offer to interchangeable back overs in black or cyan to add some style.

Lumia 810 vs 820

http://www.wpcentral.com/how-t-mobile-lumia-810-differs-lumia-820

From the Original Link by Hopmedic

They predicted that T-Mobile will get the 820 variant and they were right. They also predicted that Verizon may get a 822 variant which as they said

People who are familiar with Verizon know they don’t like to be “just another carrier”. They too, like AT&T, want to offer something unique and we think the 822 is just that—a mix device between the 820 and 920. Could it be a 4.3” more rounded phone with the same PureView camera technology? It could very well be though details are non-existent at this time.

So we may actually get a 820 variant but just with the same Camera and image stabilization perhaps? They predicated the T-mobile one correctly, so fingers crossed they get the Verizon one right too

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Great minds think alike...  I was about to post this but my wife got home from work, so I was distracted.

There is truth to TMO being a low and carrier... When I read the article, though, I would not have called the phone (810) a cross between 820 and 920. It's more like a mutated 820. Bigger battery, less weight, slightly larger body, more blocky.

But while TMO is a low and carrier, VZW is not. They (I hope) will want more. They will want more of those 920 features, so I'm hoping for the resolution on the screen and the OIS camera. Wothoit those two things (and who knows, maybe we can hope for higher memory), I won't be in the line for it.

0 Likes
Drazyw
Enthusiast - Level 3

They won't get the 920 features.  That's what makes the 920 exclusive.  AT&T isn't paying tons of cash to have the same phone on other carriers just under a different name.  This will be an 820 variant an not worth consideration.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

So what are the details of ATT's exclusivity agreement?  How much are they paying?  What exactly do they get?  For how long?

Exactly.  No one knows what the exclusivity agreement is, or even IF ATT is paying anything for it.  It could just be Nokia saying, "Thank you, ATT, for carrying the 900 when no one else would, and helping us out.  Here's the 920, exclusive to you, for a month."

One of the problems with Verizon's lack of communication (as well as Nokia's) is so much speculation.  Of course, there is a reason for it, but the fact that there may be a reason for it doesn't diminish it.  Speculation is just that.  Speculation.  We won't know until Verizon speaks out what they will be carrying, for sure.  With the exception of the 8x, which HTC has said they'll all be carrying, we know nothing.  Including that no one else will ever have the 920.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The question is how long is AT&T exclusive on the 920?  If its only a month than we can see a 920 variant before December.

hopmedic beat to it Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Drazyw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just replying with information about a possible 822, which is the only potential bit of information we've ever heard of.  Everything is still speculation but if it's called an 822, it will be an 820 variant. If it was going to be anything like a 920, it would be 9xx.  Their was a picture of an 822 in the system, which may or may not be true. Either way, that name, 822, if true, will be an 8xx series phone. We don't even know if verizon will get ANY nokia phone.  All i'm saying is that IF the 822 is real and will exist, it WILL be an 820. And worthless.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

1. We DO know that there will be a Nokia phone.  Verizon has publicly stated that they have formed a relationship with Nokia.  If they are not going to sell Nokia phones, there is no need for a relationship.

2. There is no picture of an 822.  At least not one that is assured to be an 822.  There is one that is speculated to be an 822.

3. The only evidence of the number 822 CAME FROM VERIZON'S INVENTORY SYSTEM.

4. Since the only evidence of an 822 came from Verizon's inventory system, I'd say that's pretty strong evidence that Verizon will be getting a Nokia phone, and that it will be an 822, and that the 822 is real.  (But that's just me being logical.  YMMV).

5. What an 822 is?  Nobody knows.  Not even Drazyw.  Well, some people at Nokia know.  And some people at Verizon.  And probably some people at Microsoft.  But not me.  And not Primortal.  And not Drazyw.  That's certain.

0 Likes