Re: High End Nokia Lumia Device - Still a Chance - Hold Your Horses!
Drazyw
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is all true. But if we are going to apply logic to anything, a phone with the 822 model number will be an 820 variant.  I don't know how anyone can logicaly assume it to be anything different. I'm not claiming to know anything and everything I say are just assumptions.  It just seems to fit the bill. 

0 Likes
swyost
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since apparently just repeating something multiple times makes it true, I will do the same. 

I am always surprised at the extent to which so many fellow VZW customers are willing to act like a person on the abused end of an abusive relationship.  People make excuses and come up with perpetual rationalizations about how "this time" things will be different.  Here is a news flash for people.  The platform launch is three weeks away and there is a total of ONE US carrier that has not made their plans known - VZW.  Even Sprint has made their plans known by acknowledging they will not carry any WP8 devices. I expect there will be some unhappy people around here if (as I expect) VZW eventually announces a low spec device that will be available nowhere near launch.  Does that seem familiar to anyone?  Quite frankly, this looks like a repeat of WP7. BTW, according to HTC's website, the 8X has a US carrier: AT&T.   People can grasp at whatever rumors they like, but the real news is VZW's silence.
Oh, stuff like "a guy with VZ corporate source" said something is about as meaningful as the guys with the government sources saying that there are space aliens being held at Nellis AFB..... 

0 Likes
Drazyw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, I see no confirmation of an actual partnership formed with Nokia.  All I see is "Verizon Wireless has confirmed a future partnership with Nokia Corp."  "Verizon spokeswoman Brenda Raney said on Thursday the company has plans to work with Nokia."  "Plans to work with" is hardly a confirmation of a partnership in place. In fact, they have declined to comment on the details of such a partnership. (big surprise) In other words, it doesn't exist yet, and may or may not ever exist.

Sorry, I'm pessimistic.  It's best to be that way so I'm not too disappointed when they do nothing different than they have in the past.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

More FUD

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, you're probably right.  This link showing a screenshot of Verizon's DMD with a Nokia Lumia 822 is probably a fake that was cleverly photoshopped to look very much like the one on this page that also shows last year's screenshot that has Trophy listed. 

Nope, no partnership with Nokia to see here.  Move along now. 

Dude, I've written to Executive VP and COO Marni Walden several times (here's proof of the first), and each and every time, I have received a return call.  I have a phone number for someone in the Southeast Region Executive offices in Alpharetta, GA, about 20 minutes from where I work, in my phone, and the person I speak with there knows me well enough that I don't need to remind her who I am.  And she called me just yesterday.  I'm telling you, just chill out.  Be patient.  Hang on.  There will be more than one phone.  I can't say that the 920 will come, and I can't say that it won't.  I don't know.  The person I talk to doesn't know.  But there is enough evidence to suggest that we are not going to lose anything by waiting a few extra weeks, and letting ATT have their "thank you" exclusivity.

But spreading your FUD does nothing but ruffle feathers and increase negativity.

Relax.

0 Likes
scolab
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everyone knows the aliens are being held at Kirtland, not Nellis.

Drazyw
Enthusiast - Level 3

Partnership with Nokia aside, I don't think anyone here will be happy with a Nokia 820 variant in any shape of form.  People want the 920. I don't know what the 822 is but logic in naming schemes tells me this is an 820, like Tmo is getting with the 810, and it's an inferior product.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

True, TMO is getting a low end device, and we don't know what 822 is, but I'm still not convinced that Nokia has showed us all its cards yet.  Seriously, they've been busy at work since what, January, February?  I'm thinking they've been working on more than just the 920, 820, 810, 822 (since 810 and assumedly 822 are possibly just variants), don't you?  I don't know how long it takes to design a phone, but I'm guessing they could do better than that.  Oh - yeah, there are the Asha phones, but are they made in the same place?  I dont' know...

0 Likes
42h6Fh62h
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ya. I get a kick out of those who want to make this about one single phone model, or AT&T's "unfair" service to their customers, or "but Verizon PROMISES it's coming".

I've been asking Verizon when I would have a serious choice in a Windows phone since May of 2011. The response has been, "Just hang on, Windows 7 is about to come out. And that's what we are waiting for.", "Just wait a little longer. We're coming out with the new line up in September (OF 2011)", "The Christmas offering will include some Windows phones", "TheSpring release will include new Windows phones", ..................................... and now "We're just waiting for Windows 8. Just wait a little longer".

My 3 1/2 to 4 year old Samsung no longer gets a full day out of a charge. And before I buy another battery for it, I'll switch to AT&T and get what I really want. What Verizon has refused to offer for nearly a year and a half. I don't like "change" and won't until I need to. But I also won't "change my mind" about what I want to stay with these ass-wipes. They do not have the coverage advantage they had 10 years ago. And there won't BE any AT&T dead spots or poor coverage to make me sorry I changed. Same phone number. The phone I want. And all I have to do is make the check out to someone ELSE every month. I can deal with that. As of right now, the SECOND I need to deal with any phone issue, I'm an AT&T customer.

Yep. There's "still a chance" that Verizon will do what it hasn't done for a year and a half. I wouldn't bet a quarter of my own money on it. But hey, it "could" happen.