Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How can I increase the volume of my text alerts without increasing call volume??
Halon

The alerts that are pre-programed on my phone for text alerts are very quiet.  When I turn the volume up so that I can hear them then my call volume is embarrassingly loud.  I have tried to get new tones in the store but they all seem to download to my ringtone - not text tones.  I have even purchased (from the Verizon store) tones that are for texts, but again, they download into my call ringtones.  Any suggestions would be great since I am a big texter and am getting very frustrated because of missing so many.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I increase the volume of my text alerts without increasing call volume??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@Halon,

I know how you feel! Text messaging is my main means of communication so I use it all the time. I definitely don't want you missing any important text messages because you can't hear the alert.

Keep in mind that the volume level will increase or decrease the same for both calls and text alerts. You may notice that the ring tones options for the text messages are not as loud as the ones for calls. Unfortunately, there is no way to increase the volume for the text alerts without increasing the volume for the call alerts as well.

One thing you can try is turning in the Vibrate mode so the phone vibrates also when you receive a text messages. Visit http://vz.to/1aflRJ0 for steps.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: How can I increase the volume of my text alerts without increasing call volume??
SydneyK

The last time I used a Windows Phone, late last year, there was only one volume for all calls and alerts. The option to set different volumes has been at the top of WP users' wish lists, so check the marketplace to see if there's an app for that or be on the lookout for future software updates that may incorporate this feature.

0 Likes