Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I disable Backup Assistant Plus on my Samsung ATIV SE

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I disable Backup Assistant Plus on my Samsung ATIV SE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll help, tomcat1015! Backup Assistant is a great feature for backing up your contacts. This application can be disabled by completely resetting your phone back to factory settings http://vz.to/1Eh20rU. Once done, you can opt out of Backup Assistant. What has you wanting to disable this feature? Has it been working okay?

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll help, tomcat1015! Backup Assistant is a great feature for backing up your contacts. This application can be disabled by completely resetting your phone back to factory settings http://vz.to/1Eh20rU. Once done, you can opt out of Backup Assistant. What has you wanting to disable this feature? Has it been working okay?

TanishaS1_VZW

0 Likes
TwoRoads
Enthusiast - Level 2

Backup Assistant is the opposite of a great feature. Not only does it NOT work, it keeps trying to work and drains my battery WITHIN 30 MINUTES all day long because although I scheduled the back up for between 12-5am, it just keeps trying to back up ALL DAY LONG EVERY 5 MINUTES OR SO and despite the fact that I have a strong wifi signal and all my other devices are working, Backup Assistant tells me that IT CANNOT CONNECT.

This isn't a nuisance. IT'S EVIL.  I feel like an IDIOT for trying to use it in the first place.  I just reset my phone yesterday, spent 6 hours rebuilding it, and NOW I HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN TONIGHT BECAUSE OF THIS INSIDIOUS "FEATURE" that - despite vehement complaints for OVER A YEAR - Verizon has not fixed.

I'm really, really, really pissed off right now.  Get a clue, Verizon. Either fix it or permit your FRUSTRATED, UPSET, DISAPPOINTED customers remove it.   We have better things to do with our time.

speedpilotf16
Enthusiast - Level 3

An easy way to do this without resetting your phone is to disable it. Go to your settings menu, select backup assistant. Then once it opens up, select settings at the bottom, then unselect "snyc contact every night". It should be then disabled. Until WP8.1 comes out, I don't think there is a way to uninstall it.

0 Likes
TwoRoads
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah that would be easy if it were an option. It isn't.  I've been trying to figure out how NOT to reset my phone for 4 hours - perusing literally hundreds of support/community messages.  No one has  remedy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TwoRoads,

We don't want you feeling this way. I want to make sure that we do everything that we can to get Backup Assistant Plus running the correct way. Are you getting any kind of errors at all when the Backup is trying to run? How long has this issue been going on for? Also, have you changed mobile numbers or devices lately? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
mlemachlin2

I have the same problem and it's been like this on my last 2 phones.

I will NEVER use back up assistance because it sucks and ruins my phones life.

it needs to be able to be turned off.

I have a galaxy s4 and as of mid yesterday have been through 3 full battery charages because of this stupid program.

help!!!

0 Likes