Re: How do I get the lastest software update?
Snn5
Legend

Well, I will say that sometimes folks get their update only to find out it was released maybe a bit soon.  Maybe MS and VZW are trying to make sure that the same thing doesn't happen with a WP update that is happening with the Samsung Galaxy S5 right now. (For some users of the S5, not all.)

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

Right. Which was released in a reasonable amount of time. The Windows Phone 8.1 update was released in July and has been rolled out to all other Windows Phone 8 devices in the world.

And again, this device was killed after 7 months while you can still buy Galaxy S4 and don't get me started on iPhones.

This device is being treated very differently and people who got suckered into buying it with promises of support and updates are entitled to an explanation.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually the Lumia Icon will be skipping the Cyan update you referenced as released in July. Not all the phone that were updated to Cyan got that update in July as you "claim". Microsoft had to work with the local carriers and differences in devices to get the update out over the next few months. Something must have been failing on the Lumia Icon for Cyan, but fixable on Denim for Microsoft to skip an OS level for the Lumia Icon. This isn't the first time a phone has jumped two OS versions. It won't be the last.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

You really don't get it or you're just looking for a debate. You just made my point. It took them months to skip cyan and now we sit while a couple of low end older phones (which were available for sale well after the Icon) get Denim. And please keep in mind that Denim and Cyan are not operating system updates...they are very important firmware updates.

If whatever the issue is was fixable with Denim, it would have been done already. Instead all we get are cryptic tweets from Joe Belfiore and condescending crap from Verizon non-support.

Finally, since you have all the answers, find me another flagship phone that has gotten this level of non-support.

0 Likes