Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I make wp7 recognize dialing string like the BB does from calendar invites
ncalsuz

I often get calendar invites for conference calls that most mobile phones recognize and know how to dial.  They usually look like this

subject: mobile friendly 18884567890x123456# 

or they may look like

mobile 1-888-456-7890x123456# 

The WP7 doesn't seem to know this is a phone number and how it should be dialed.  This is so important to being able to be able to single click dial while actually being mobile and not having to look at, touch and dial numbers.  If it is not available it needs to be on the immediate enhancement list.  Is there a way to enable something so the phone recognizes these numbers and dials them correctly?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I make wp7 recognize dialing string like the BB does from calendar invites
leatherlips

I'm not sure if this helps, but this string works for me on window 6.5 phone.  I'll be trying it soon on win 7. (Trophy)

Tel:866-123-3898w123895#

0 Likes
Re: How do I make wp7 recognize dialing string like the BB does from calendar invites
thezoltar

You can also use the , symbol in place of the w or x. This is a standard pause between numbers.

So your new number would look change from Tel:866-123-3898w123895#  to 8661233898,,123895#. I put 2 , characters in to lengthen the pause, that's just my preference. I have a lot of automated numbers programmed like this that have worked in all my phones over the years. Some times you need to adjust the pause length to accomodate the phone system you are calling.

0 Likes