How do I save ringtones
Boomerham2

I bought some ringtones and they were sent to my phone via email but I cant use them. I cant save them since that option never appears no matter what I do , i can delete them lol. So I email customer support and that is a joke, get an email back saying thet too busy but I am welcome to email them again and if you try and call thats worse. Why can such a big company have such piss poor customer support? moral of the story is dont buy any ringtones and I never will again

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I save ringtones
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

You HAVE to use the ZUNE client to do this. Save the file to your computer. Import it into ZUNE. Set the Genre to RINGTONE.

Note: The length of the file is restricted to a certain duration. You can't load an entire MP3 as a RINGTONE with this system.

More notes here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/start/create-ringtones.aspx

0 Likes
Boomerham2

I don’t have ringtones in text inbox anymore , they were deleted

0 Likes
Not applicable

Boomerham2, I hate to hear that you had such a hard time getting these ringtones to work on your Trophy. Aphrophyre gave a great suggestion to transfer the ringtones on your device. Since these were purchased from us, and deleted from the phone, I can credit them back for you if you redownload them. Please send me a direct message with your name and mobile number if you would like to try downloading the ringtones again.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ACeeKayWa

This is the issue I've been wrestling with since receiving my HTC Trophy yesterday.  Love, Love the phone -- come on Verizon, get on the Window phone bandwagon! - but can't figure out how to get Verizon ring tones (I've purchased two) to my device since there is no option in the text to save the attachment. Is there any way to simply download the ringtone from the Verizon's website? Thanks for any help you can provide!

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi ACeeKayWa!

Have you tried purchasing ringtones from the Media Store on the Verizon Wireless website?  I'm including a link with instructions how to purchase & download ringtones online here.

Let us know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ACeeKayWa

Thank you, yes, I have purchased my ringtones at the Verizon website. I go through the process as described on the link you give below. The text message arrives with the file inside it. However, on my new phone – Windows 7 HTC – there is no choice to download. The only things I can do with the message/attachment is to either play it or delete it. Even the menu has the forward and copy functions greyed out. Is there any other way to download the two ringtones I have already purchased? Hate to waste the money even through it is only a few $$. Seems like there must be a way around this.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello ACeeKayWa,

I understand your desire to save the ringtones to your device that you have purchased .  Aphrophyre provided a great suggestion to save the ringtones(s).  If you were unable to complete the task with the steps provided try to press and hold down on the text message with the ringtone in it and choose Forward.  Forward the message to your e-mail address and once you receive the e-mail with the attachment you can then sync the file to your phone through Zune.  Be sure to set the genre to ringtone and at that point it should show up in your custom ringtone list.  Please let me know if this was successful.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ACeeKayWa

Thanks, but forwarding was the first thing I tried. As others have pointed out, the Forward function is greyed out. What to do? Isn’t there a way to download the ringtone to my PC from the VerizonWireless website?

0 Likes