How do you import the contacts from Yahoo mail into the 8x?
Shaver

I cannot get my contacts from Yahoo mail to import to the 8x. The e-mails show up but no contacts

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you import the contacts from Yahoo mail into the 8x?
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

You can't, because I don't think Microsoft account lets you import from Yahoo

But I believe you can export from Yahoo to Outlook. So you can try to export your contacts from yahoo to your hotmail/live/outlook account you are using for your phone.

1) Go to mail.yahoo.com > contacts tab > click on the actions tab with the gear icon > export all > microsoft outlook. It will download the file to your computer. Make sure you know what name the file is being downloaded to and where. It should be named something like yahoo_ab.csv

2) Go to outlook.com and sign with your account (again the one you are using for your phone). Go to the people tabs > import contacts > import from file > Microsoft Outlook (CSV) > chose file to import >find the .csv file from your computer > import contacts

It should automatically update in your phone once the new contacts has been added.

If not then go to your phone, Settings > emails and accounts > Microsoft account (the same hotmail account) > sync >contacts

See if that work

0 Likes
Shaver

Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 1:22 AM

To: <Full name removed for privacy>

Subject: Re: How do you import the contacts from Yahoo mail into the 8x? - Re: How do you import the contacts from Yahoo mail into the 8x?

created by yankees in 8X by HTC - View the full discussion

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Shaver

L

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Im sorry I am not sure what you wrote

0 Likes