How is the App selection for Windows phones?
OrcaBates

Title says it all, good enough to jump in now and get an Icon or wait a little while?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How is the App selection for Windows phones?
primortal
Master - Level 1

That's a loaded question.  It depends what apps you use.

Take a look at the store and see if the apps you use are there, http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store  Then you can decided to get an Icon or not

View solution in original post

primortal
Master - Level 1

That's a loaded question.  It depends what apps you use.

Take a look at the store and see if the apps you use are there, http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store  Then you can decided to get an Icon or not

AZSALUKI
Legend

i think there's also an app that looks for comparable apps for windows. like, you type in the app you used on iphone or android, and it will look for a comparable one on windows. i thought the apps were lacking, but i use a TON of apps. for many people, i think the selection would be fine. i also found some apps i preferred (i think they were actually nokia apps for windows) to the android ones, but overall they just didn't have enough for me.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As others have said ... it all depends!  I found some of the Windows apps to be better, and others were very clunky attempts to emulate the Android apps.  So it really depends on what apps you plan to use, or need to use, and how that translates to the Windows OS.

I will say that lots of places around town that advertize apps (retailers, banks, etc) state they are only available at the Apple sore, or Apple and Google Play.  Windows and even BB seem to be lagging.

0 Likes
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

The number of apps on WP is increasing quickly. You can do an internet search on your favorite Android or iOS apps and find comparable apps for better than 80% of these apps on  WP. Also Google is finally releasing APIs for Windows Phone developers to create apps that access Google Services like Gmail, YouTube, etc. This will make more of the "missing" or comparable apps that access those services available over the next several months. There are some pretty good third party replacement apps out there, sometimes even better than the official apps.

Apps are also being released from larger retailers, banks, and so forth,  like The Home Depot for WP. As demand rises, smaller companies will opt to release WP apps. 

0 Likes