I Switched JUST to Get the Lumia Icon. Where is WP 8.1?
PreacherJT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm serious. 2 months ago I switched from Sprint after being with them for 7 years. I switched simply because I fell in love with the Lumia Icon. I never would have imagined the nightmare I now face, watching the ads on TV for Cortana, and knowing that my new carrier doesn't care about me, simply because I belong to a smaller market than Apple.

Why did you even agree to carry the phone, Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I Switched JUST to Get the Lumia Icon. Where is WP 8.1?
Not applicable

Take a deep breath. Calm down its only a cellular device.

Not the end of the world.

If and when Verizon or any carrier decides they will allow an update you and others will receive it.

0 Likes
Alexvrb
Contributor - Level 1

Wow, if and when they allow an update you can get it? Truly? Thanks Elector! You're always such a breath of fresh air in all these WP 8.1 update threads. I think everyone would be lost without your guidance and soothing words of wisdom.

0 Likes
otv1

I agree...okay, so we represent only 5 % of their sales...so we are ignored? Wait til I am asked to fill out a survey !

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am sorry that you feel my answers are so harsh. But I told you the truth.

Think of it as a dose of reality. Verizon has not even given any replies that would border on honesty.

I would prefer the truth over being led on and on and on.

I feel the same way with android or even iOS updates. If they come they come. If not I am not going to spend my life getting all worked up about it.

Have a nice Tuesday

0 Likes
guypeterson
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can expect to get your next bill before you see this update. You might even be encouraged to upgrade to a new phone before you see this update.

jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

If you keep replying to trolls you will just encourage them to continue with their posting.  He is an acknowledged cApple fanboy.

Tidbits
Legend

SO says the windows phone fanboy...

You like the platform we get it...  I like the platform too...  Like I said I won't let that blind me when thinking rationally and openly.

bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

I switched from Sprint to Verizon the very day the Nokia Lumia 928 came out.  Then upgraded my phone at full price when the Icon came out.  Love both devices.  Even without the Cyan update, the Icon is better than most phones in the marketplace.  I'm looking for Cyan in the next week or so and anxious to have the new capabilities it will bring.  I do fault Verizon for not being quicker about this issue, but it is what it is.  Got an awesome phone and no complaints about having the best OS around on it, too!

0 Likes
op2388
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pay Dementor, I mean, Elector, no heed. He's just here to voice off on a platform he has no connection with.